• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Paul Gilbert on Page’s Heartbreaker Solo

Balls

Great having Paul fill me in on something that happened when he was 3 years old. Sad watching people gush over this like teenage girls.
Glad I was a teen in '69. Lived thru the era, saw Zep at MSG in '73. Nothing Paul or anybody else says means much, IMO. His comments on the clothes, etc shows he knows nothing outside of what he saw on YouTube.
You had to be there to know how hard that album (Led Zep II) hit.

3dognate

Silver Supporting Member
Great having Paul fill me in on something that happened when he was 3 years old. Sad watching people gush over this like teenage girls.
Glad I was a teen in '69. Lived thru the era, saw Zep at MSG in '73. Nothing Paul or anybody else says means much, IMO. His comments on the clothes, etc shows he knows nothing outside of what he saw on YouTube.
The most cantankerous old man post of 2021 so far.

deepcove17

I sure hope I still recognize humor when I reach your age.

Teleking

Silver Supporting Member
You are so cool!

ggwwbb

Silver Supporting Member
Paul is awesome!

My son's guitar teacher was at GIT at the same time as Gilbert and said that Paul would gather as many as he could in a room and would tell people to just yell out songs and he'd play them. Said that he never saw Paul miss a single song no matter what people would yell out....also said that Paul is just the nicest, most genuine person you could ever meet.

tnvol

Ufologist
Paul is awesome!

My son's guitar teacher was at GIT at the same time as Gilbert and said that Paul would gather as many as he could in a room and would tell people to just yell out songs and he'd play them. Said that he never saw Paul miss a single song no matter what people would yell out....also said that Paul is just the nicest, most genuine person you could ever meet.
I know someone that spent time around him and they said the same thing. One of the nicest people you ever met. The persona you see online isn't an act according to them.

radicool

All I can ever think of when I hear anything from Zep I or II is high school, those tapes blaring on the 8-track in my '62 Chevy. I can still remember hearing a Zep tune for the first time (How Many More Times) : it was coming out of the car windows of some senior in the high school parking lot, real loud. I and the other 2 guys with me were floored - had no idea what it was and we had to find out. Yes, Led Zep really did have that kind of impact when they were new. There had never been anything quite like it.

The Captain

Bully for you. What is the point of this post ?
Crapping on people for not having been born when it was released, but loving it anyway, and talking about how it affected them personally.

Trending Topics