PAUL REED SMITH

RayBarbeeMusic

Silver Supporting Member
Pretty guitar, but no.

I got bored and bought 3 PRS this year. I could post a long review about their diamonds and flees that would stir up the PRS mafia, but the short version is: they have some good and some atrocious "wtf" points like any other maker.

motokev

Builds the greatest electric guitars ever made.

They are nice, but not the greatest.
Never cared for the sound from the few core models I've owned.

Tag

Gold Supporting Member
It is also hollowed out from the back, and then has a back plate glued on. The workmanship is so perfect, you have to search to see any line. NASA couldn't be more accurate.
As a matter of fact, they may want to hire some of PRSs techs for manufacturing on any upcoming Mars missions where extremely tight tolerances could mean the success or failure of the project.
:aok

It is also hollowed out from the back, and then has a back plate glued on. The workmanship is so perfect, you have to search to see any line. NASA couldn't be more accurate.
As a matter of fact, they may want to hire some of PRSs techs for manufacturing on any upcoming Mars missions where extremely tight tolerances could mean the success or failure of the project.
:aok

So how does it sound?

Tag

Gold Supporting Member
Yep, its a pretty face, but make no mistake.
Underneath is a tone machine unlike anything else you will encounter. From the 57/08 pups, to the Brazilian neck, through the hollow body that is further routed for a trem, it is a Gibson and Fender destroyer. You strum one chord, and the entire instrument vibrates in unison.
PRS stopped building them this way years ago, and its the finest construction method for a guitar. The neck pup sounds as big as my L5s, yet the bridge can do anything from blues and country, to all out modern metal.
Make no mistake. PRS makes the best.
R9s and 335s cower when in the same room.
I keep them separated. The sustain, warmth, and resonance is unmatched. Thank you PRS for making the worlds finest playing and sounding electric guitars!
:beer:beer:beer
:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana

Trending Topics