• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Pawn shop insisted the guitar they were selling me was a fake whaddya think?

PartoftheDark

Not to knock Studios but I'm not sure why anybody would go to the trouble to fake one. Way more money to be had in faking the more blingy ones with binding and whatnot. I've been into quite a few pawn shops with dumb owner "experts". If you like it, buy it.

M

Member 199413

Really sweet to see the deal go the other direction for once. I'm sure the Chinese will build you a Studio clone if you want, but no way someone buys a Chibson and then replaces ALL the electronics with the real deal. For that money they could have bought an actual Studio. Congrats!

Texsunburst59

Congrats Krimson on a nice score.

First Cash Pawn has been a GOLDMINE of mine for 15+ years.

I visit most of the pawnshops in my area religiously every week.

I've found some AMAZING deals on guitars over the years.

The last Gibson I bought from them was at the end of December.

I scored an all original '05 Gibson Black LP Studio w/OHSC for $286.

krimson

Congrats Krimson on a nice score.

First Cash Pawn has been a GOLDMINE of mine for 15+ years.

I visit most of the pawnshops in my area religiously every week.

I've found some AMAZING deals on guitars over the years.

The last Gibson I bought from them was at the end of December.

I scored an all original '05 Gibson Black LP Studio w/OHSC for $286.

Score!

Telechamp

Great score! Looks legit for sure. I got a NOS 2013 Alpine White Studio for $850 in 2015 at Sam Ash, and I thought I got a good deal... :bow

dazco

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but i can't imagine why anyone would want to fake a guitar in that price range. How much profit is there in going to the trouble of producing fakes of lower end guitars. Makes no sense to my way of thinking at least.

Trending Topics