Paying for Fuzz???

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by carbz, Sep 19, 2006.

1. carbz

carbz Supporting Member

I am curious to why people buy fuzz pedals? Isn't the credentials of getting good tone to get rid of the Fuzz? :D

2. guitarpkr67

guitarpkr67 Supporting Member

Who says you always have to have good tone?

3. 56_Special

56_Special Member

I happen to think that Hendrix, Gilmour, and Page all had pretty good tone. A good fuzz is nasty, filthy, and weird. If those things don't have any place in your idea of good tone, I suppose fuzz is not for you.

4. Jacobpaul81

Jacobpaul81 Member

I like controlled fuzz. Controlled fuzz has good tone. Out of control fuzz, and even more so, out of control noise is the enemy.

5. Serious Poo

Serious Poo Armchair Rocket Scientist Graffiti Existentialist Gold Supporting Member

Define "good".

6. thebot

thebot Member

I went through the whole overdrive pedal cycle and came out the other end deciding what I needed was fuzz, and even if I wanted 'overdrive' it was actually mild fuzz I wanted. I'm just not about subtlety when I play, I want sounds and I want extremes.

It's just different strokes for different folks, if you don't get fuzz you might eventually but you might never. If you can't see the point of your guitar sounding like that then fuzz is probably not for you. To use a food analogy, overdrive is like a nice rare steak, fuzz is like a curry. I'm a curry guy, but I know a lot of people don't like it. Their loss!

7. Tonemeister69

Tonemeister69 Member

Fuzz has its uses for sure!

Lately I've been enjoying an Analogman Sunface :)

8. Fifthstone

Fifthstone Member

I took my Fulltone 70 fuzz out for rehearsal last night. Just that into a Reeves Custom 6 and it was perfect. Had the fuzz maxed and rolled down on the volume to about 7 for mild fuzz and rolled up to 9 for a nice lead. Maxed the guitar volume when I wanted singing sustain high up on the neck. I think I'm back in the market for more fuzzes. Joy!