PC Audio Interface Poll

What brand of Computer Audio interface do you use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pbmw

I have a Focusrite Pro 40 I used for a long time. Now I have a 2408 Motu. But you didn't have Motu on your poll

Genghis

Need an Other category. RME is mine currently, but I started many years ago with M-Audio, then went to a Mackie (which was terrible at the time).

bolero

I have an M Audio 1010 hooked up to my linux WS

linux for recording is a pain in the ass with drivers and troubleshooting issues

SO I use a Roland Octa-capture a lot more, with Windows. that thing is the bees knees. But no Roland on the poll.

Currently just a Steinberg UR22 for use with the ipad. I think it's horrendous but it does what it's meant to.

In the past I progressed through owning:

Echo Audio Mia>Digi001>M-Audio Fast Track Pro>Focusrite Saffire 40>Motu 16a>Audient id14

Have experience with RME UFX, Apogee Quartet, Lynx Aurora 16, PCM4222EVM into Alva Nanoface

The gap between AD converters these days has narrowed so much. I still believe you get what you pay for, but it's not the same as it was 10 years ago.

It's kind of amazing how shocking some interface drivers can be in 2017.

Markdude

Everything I've owned:

M-Audio Delta 1010LT
E-MU 0404 USB (x2)
PreSonus AudioBox
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Mackie Onyx Blackjack (x2)
Audient iD22
Avid Eleven Rack
Line 6 POD HD
Steinberg UR44

sitedrifter

Gold Supporting Member
The reason I went with the Behringer is due to all the problems people reported with other brands in the same or close to price range. < $100
The Behringer had the least issues overall and while it may not have Neutrik connectors the thing is rock solid and does its job and then some for $60.
They even answer support email which some brands are non existent with support.

jamesie

I´m a longtime RME user

at the moment i´m using RME Babyface Pro (MBP / Logic) and RME UCX (PC-Workstation / Cubase)

both are very fine audiointerfaces

If you want to use amp sims etc. without delay or latency, RME is the best by far. Non of the others are close for round trip latency. The RTL numbers they publish are false.

This thread on Gearslutz has been accurately testing them on the same system for a number of years. The RME rtl is very low.
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/mus...erface-low-latency-performance-data-base.html
No doubt, the RME drivers are the best. For the most part people will be satisfied with under 10ms RTL. People tend to care about it more when they're aware of the numbers.