PC audio midi s/w that works like Mac DP?

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by Tone_Terrific, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Tone_Terrific

Tone_Terrific Member

My old os9 rig is reaching end of life and I may have to look at PC products to find a suitable and cost effective replacement.

I do like DP and the way it works and the feature set, even though I only need audio, MIDI, fx plug-ins, good mixing screen, virtual instruments:crazy, not anything special. I am seeking the look, feel and clean, relatively intuitive, linearity of DP.

A pc equivalent of Garageband is NOT even close.

Suggestions? Thanks.

2. vladshap

vladshap Member

3. noetic

noetic Member

Good luck to you. They'll have to pry DP from my cold, dead hands. I have yet to find an adequate alternative on Mac, PC, or Linux.

On the other hand, a DAW is a DAW is a DAW. People do great stuff on all kinds of platforms. A couple of my studio savvy friends use Sonar. Seems it does the business.

Long ago, I tried Cubase and didn't care for it, but a lot has changed since back then. Many swear by it. I think for Windows-based professional audio AND MIDI integration on par with DP, Cubase and Sonar are the only viable options.

4. Tone_Terrific

Tone_Terrific Member

I have dabbled in Cubase before and it was very functional for me but it didn't look or lay out as I would prefer.
    I really don't need deep features but it has to do what I want and there are so many s/w packages that I just can't try them all, thus, the hunt for a DP-ish alternate. It may not happen(?)

5. stratocat63

stratocat63 Member

What kind of Mac are you ditching?