I <3 Pearl Jam :)

And this lick/song is one of my favs..

What's one of yours?

rcl

I hate websense....can't see your song choice, but some of my favorites:
Drop the leach, porch, Breath(and a scream),

The Captain

Pearl Jam gets very little love here.

Porch, Blood, In Hiding , Given to Wail, Army Reserve, take your pick............

PVH5150

Their music is solid.

I'd like them a whole lot better if Eddie Vedder didn't mumble every other lyric.

jcmark611

I think they get their fair share of love here. It's just they use so many amps and guitars it's hard to answer the, "how do I get their tone" question.

I don't Mike or Stone use the same amp on two tours.

The Captain

I think they get their fair share of love here. It's just they use so many amps and guitars it's hard to answer the, "how do I get their tone" question.

I don't Mike or Stone use the same amp on two tours.
Maybe that's it. There seems to be little recognition of just how much choice, vintage gear they do use.

The eternal "mumbling, mouth full of marbles" complaint is a little out if date too.

Sanjuro

Pearl Jam is great. I was too young when the Seattle bands were just exploding (I was in Kindergarten), but out of them all, Pearl Jam is the only one I listen to now.

small axe

pearl jam rocks.....one of my favorite bands....seen em a many times and they always put on a good show....they have some crazy vintage gear

they have a big catalog, some great music

the second record does not get nearly the love it should

daughter, leash, rear view mirror, glorified,

The Captain

they have a big catalog, some great music

the second record does not get nearly the love it should

daughter, leash, rear view mirror, glorified,
That's an interesting comment, cos at the time, it smashed all previous records for number sold in the first week, etc, to the point where the band had their brains blown a bit.

No Code was the album that lacked love, but it had great tracks too.
In My Tree, as posted here, Red Mosquito, Hail Hail, Off He Goes.

mrmjp

PJ has a special place in my heart, especially growing up here in Seattle in the '90s.

I have gotten to see them a number of times from early on. I Belonged to the "Ten Club" which is the PJ fan club in the beginning and got various tickets(where Nirvana ended up playing instead) and a few vinyl singles at Christmass time. Registered to vote in '92 at the PJ free show at Magnuson park, I use the same guitar tech, Mike Lull, and oddly enough Eddie Vedder is a West Seattle resident.

I will say their choice of bridges in their songs can really kill it for me. Still love them though

monty

If I had to pick 1 tune, it would be Hail,Hail. It was already my fav tune when I saw them at a outdoor fest years and years ago but getting into a fistfight there during the song cemented it for me, lol.
Seen them a bunch of times, looking forward to seeing them again this summer.

I agree with the poster above about the bridges.

tsar nicholas

I loved their first 2 LPs and agree with the original poster that "Glorified G" is outstanding. I also love "Animal," and "Alive" is one of the best pop songs of its decade, easy.

I really feel like they jumped the shark with "Vitalogy," and I pretty much stopped listening after that, though I did see them live in 1998 and they were really good.

taxman

The Big Four Of Pearl Jam Songs

"Present Tense"
"Last Exit"
"Release"
"Wishlist"

Impossible to do a Big Four Of Pearl Jam Songs. Even a Big Forty list wouldn't cover all their masterpieces. However, those above I have heard a thouand times and they still give me a charge.

1. The slow build up to that mad rush and frenzy of guitars at the end of "Present Tense" is truly astonishing. Never get enough of it.
2. The simple but killer guitar lick in "Last Exit" is light years better than the iconic lick in the Stones "Satisfaction" and Eddie's scream at the end is light years better than Daltrey's in "Won't Get Fooled Again." "Last Exit" is Pearl Jam's best balls to the wall rocker.
3. Eddie's vocals were never better than on "Release." Obviously the most hypnotic tune ever recorded.
4. "Wishlist" is as perfect a pop song as can be. A perfect creation in every way.

Trending Topics