• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Peavey 6505 MH

Guitarjon

I'm doing a new series called Jon's Tone Chronicles and the basic idea is that I try a different guitar and amp combination in each episode. Just to find some killer combo's and talk about the gear used and the signal-chain etc. Just short videos but a good excuse to have some fun and talk about gear.

Anyway, so for this first episode I initially went with my Mini Rectifier (as can also be heard in the video) but in the end I felt like I needed to use an amp with more midrange 'bark' and cut. So I tried my 6505 MH and it had a very different attitude in the mix. It seemed to compliment the guitar better. Overall it just reminded me of how awesome this little amp is and that I need to use it more often!

A lot of killer mini amps have been released in recent years but the MH still is very convincing imho. It's versatile because of all the switches and options but it also just has that 'right' saturation that the 6505 of 5150 is known for. I highly recommend this amp because it sounds good, it's affordable and it's versatile. If you're looking for something to crank up super loud on-stage perhaps check out the 120w heads though.

Check it out:

I'm also curious about the Invective MH. Has anyone had the chance to compare it to the 6505 MH?

Guitarjon

The C20MH and 6505MH are great amps. The only thing I don't like about them is the DI out. But other than that, they are great amps. I have the C20.
I would love to try the Classic 20 as it seems like a great amp! It also has a good amount of gain right? For rock? I haven't tried the DI out as I usually just use my loadbox. What don't you like about it?

guitarman3001

I would love to try the Classic 20 as it seems like a great amp! It also has a good amount of gain right? For rock? I haven't tried the DI out as I usually just use my loadbox. What don't you like about it?
The C20 is more suited to classic rock and blues. It's actually perfect for that. The DI is very dark, boomy, muddy, fizzy, just....bad. With some EQ work on the board it can be usable for a cover band gig but that's about it.

Guitarjon

The C20 is more suited to classic rock and blues. It's actually perfect for that. The DI is very dark, boomy, muddy, fizzy, just....bad. With some EQ work on the board it can be usable for a cover band gig but that's about it.
It does seem amazing for low to mid-gain tones indeed! I need one! :)

Guitarjon

Is the Classic comparable with something like a Vox? Or perhaps more Marshally?

Elric

I found this tidbit kind of cool from the most recent Guitar World discussing Black Dahlia Murder's new record:
The core rhythm guitar sounds are my green crackle custom shop Jackson Kelly with a Seymour Duncan Parallel Axis II Distortion humbucker. Brian and I played that guitar for rhythm parts. I used a Maxon OD808 into my Peavey 6505mh 20-watt mini head; I could have used that for the whole album. At the last second, I decided I was going to try slaving the preamp from that Peavey into the poweramp of another one of my amps to see how it sounded with a full 100 watts behind it, so I slaved it into a Baron K2 KT88 head and that rig had a little bit of extra boldness and a little less sag and compression. It became its own beast at that point but retained that 6505 thing. That was my way of making my own unique guitar tone, but still having a foot firmly in the world of the classic Black Dahlia Murder 6505 thing.
Pretty neat.

Trending Topics