Peavey Cirrus BXP- Electronics

Discussion in 'Bass Area; The Bottom Line' started by JRenn, Oct 13, 2008.

1. JRenn

JRenn Supporting Member

Hey guys. I have a Peavey Cirrus 4 BXP that I just got for a great deal, and I was wondering if there is ANY way to upgrade the electronics on this thing. It sounds a little metallic, but the bass resonates and plays great- I'm pretty sure the problem is in the pickups/preamp somewhere...

I've looked and couldn't find any replacement pups for this thing, and I'm not sure if these are the same electronics as in the American series? Does anybody know something that can help me out? Thanks.

2. testing1two

testing1two Gold Supporting Member

I'm sure you could retrofit a new preamp system without too much fuss. An Aguilar or Demeter setup would probably be nice improvement. You'd need to carefully measure the pickups and see if a Bartolini, Nordstrand, or EMG soapbar would fit. Peavey is known for custom-sized pickups so you might need a luthier to make custom covers for you.

3. JRenn

JRenn Supporting Member

Thanks, testing1two- I'm looking into the preamp option. Anybody else got anything?

4. JRenn

JRenn Supporting Member

5. JRenn

JRenn Supporting Member

Going to keep trying...

6. atman

atman Member

hi, did ever find any suitable replacements? i have the same problem so i was wondering if you could pass on any tips?

7. sutarappa

sutarappa Member