Peavey Classic 30 / Classic 50 Heads

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by tycobb73, May 4, 2016.

1. tycobb73

tycobb73 Supporting Member

Can someone tell me the weight difference between these 2 heads? Due to a handicap I'm sensitive to weight. I have the C30 but it being 16 ohm is limiting. I hear the 50 has taps for 4, 8, and 16 ohm. I have a line on one and if it isn't too heavy... 40 lbs is probably my limit but the less the better.

2. Bucksears

Bucksears Silver Supporting Member

I have a C50 head right now, and had a C30 head for a day (it didn't work upon arrival).
    Yep, 16ohms is limiting, and the C50 does have 4/8/16ohm options. The other things I didn't like about the C30 were: 1) no fan (seven tubes in a tight space!) and 2) top-mounted controls (why would they do that with a head?).

I'll see if I can weigh mine tonight, but if you're even CONSIDERING the C30 and weight is an issue, I'd check out the Classic 20 Micro Head. Folks are raving about it.

3. BluntForceTrauma

BluntForceTrauma Member

Classic 50 head is heavy. Much heavier than it looks like it should be. I just sold mine so I can't weigh it. Bought a Classic 30 head. About half the weight of the 50.

4. Hound Dog61

Hound Dog61 Member

Yeah the I have a Classic 50 head and it is pretty heavy. I would second looking at the new Classic 20 mini head. All the demos I have heard sound really good.