Peavey Classic 30 settings?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by TelecasterBlues, Jan 31, 2008.

1. TelecasterBlues

TelecasterBlues Member

Could some of the Classic 30 owners post their settings and describe how they use the amp for the different styles of music that they play? I'm loving mine so far and just wanted to see all of the tones that can be had with the amp. Also, how would you guys use a TS9 or boost with the amp? Thanks!

2. recto-robbie

recto-robbie Member

Ive got a classic 50 which I love so I cant help with settings. I can offer some advice with your TS-9 though. Simply connect it to the front of your amp,, put the pedals volume up high and its gain low and kick it on ontop of your amps gain and see what it does for you. I think you will like it.

3. dcooper830

dcooper830 Member

I go for a classic rock type tone. Low to medium gain. Good phat mids. Good crunch.

And with my Classic 30 I have the mid and bass all the way up. Treble to 5 or lower.. (to keep it from being too harsh and piercing). And the gain at about noon.

With that setting I can go from clean to singing leads with just my guitar volume when the amp is good and cranked.

I have a 2x12 and a 4x12 cabinet I can use with the amp too. That really helps give it a lot more thump!

You should hear when I run it through my Marshall 1960AV cab!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!

It sounds simply incredible!! :RoCkIn

Here's my Classic 30.... it's pretty cool!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Roodboy

Roodboy Supporting Member

With the head it sounded real classic rockish, with everything @ noon mids and treble @ 2:00 through a Bogner v30 cab and Jem dbk with Breeds.

5. Lucidology

Lucidology Member

Here's a clip of my OD channel in action:

Presence 1, Master Volume 7, Teble 3, Mids, 0, Bass 4, Post 4, Pre 8, Normal 4:

Norwegian Wood (Got YouTubed) - The Gear Page

Boss DD-3 in Loop, Maxon CP101 in front of pre-amp ...

6. Kitarist

Kitarist Supporting Member

peavey classic is a great amp