Peavey classic 30's blue marvel?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by aic7575, Mar 14, 2015.

1. aic7575

aic7575 Member

Hello I have had my peavey classic 30 for a year now and bought it new and kept it stock. I have read lots of reviews on the amp and read lots of bad reviews on the blue marvel speaker. I personally don't have a problem with it yet but I haven't really had the chance to open it up to jam volume. Just wondering peoples experience with that speaker?

2. BluntForceTrauma

BluntForceTrauma Member

The Blue Marvel matches the Classic 30 well. When I had my C30 I ran three or four different speakers through it, but always came back to the Blue Marvel. While each speaker had it's own thing going none of them were better than the Blue Marvel. Try a Weber Blue Dog Ceramic 50 watt 16 ohm. Sounds great in the C30.

3. blackba

blackba Supporting Member

The blue marvel does match the classic 30 well, but its kind of bland. I have 3 friends with classic 30s. One has the stock blue marvel, another a Marshall v30, and another an Annie g12h30. The g12h30 is my favorite.

4. Brutus

Brutus Member

The Marvel is a very transparent speaker and the Classic 30 is more mid-heavy than other amps. If you don't run the mids a bit lower it indeed can sound a bit bland. Also, you can use an outboard EQ to spike it and add some sizzle. Replacement speakers have their own natural EQ as designed, so you can duplicate that with a pedal if the Marvel isn't doing it for you. I've had my 30 for years and never felt a need to change anything, but lots of guys on here like to tinker.