peavey classic 50 212 with celestion gold and hellatone 30

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by tweeks5, Feb 20, 2009.

1. tweeks5

tweeks5 Member

has anyone tried this combination. ive been mulling it over for quite some time now, but im not sure whether the amp is worth a speaker upgrade that costs that much. thoughts?

2. RussB

RussB low rent hobbyist Silver Supporting Member

I had a weber silver bell and blue dog, both ceramic 50 watters and they were a great duo in that amp. just sayin'

3. TweeDLX

TweeDLX Member

I used a G12H30 and a Greenback in mine, made a nice difference. Good tubes and speakers go a long way in that amp.

Mike

4. tweeks5

tweeks5 Member

awesome....i was under the impression the amps circuit wasnt great and that it wasnt worth upgrading...guess not.cool

5. TweeDLX

TweeDLX Member

Go over to Steve Ahola's Blue Guitar site. He has a bunch of mods for the PV Classic series, if you're interested.

Mike

6. mcdonaldkd

mcdonaldkd Member

There are some great ideas on the Peavey forum, as well. There are loads of suggestions for tubes and speakers for the C50, C30, etc. Lots of good info.