Peavey Delta Blues 210 weak trebles and not effective EQ

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by cooler21, Jan 2, 2008.

1. cooler21

cooler21 Member

Hi. I have a chance to buy a new Peavey Delta Blues 210 for a great price. A friend of mine who plays as a semi-pro player in a band told me he had an opportunity to play it one evening when his Mesa/Boogie 1x 12" Caliber .22 had failed. He told me that the EQ was not effective at all and he had to play with no bass and full treble while the sound still wasn't balanced even though he had played with single-coils pups. From his point of view this amp is too dark (under the hood) sounding with not effective EQ.

Do you have this experience with this amp too? If so, is it still worth to buy it and change speakers and tubes...etc.?

I play Strat guitar with singles, I play in very loud bigband with drums and bass. I love beautiful punchy clean with warmth and sparkling highs with a little hair for blues. I love low-end punch which my Laney LC15R is lacking a bit as well as power so I wanted a 1x 12" combo but I had a chance to play Engl Classic 50W 2x 10" and the low-end seemed huge to me and the sound was so warm but also very punchy and quick. That is why I am so curious about the Peavey Delta Blues 210. If not this amp I was thinking about Randall RG50TC (too much power?), Carvin Vintage 16 (too little power?) or Peavey Valveking 112. 30watts seem to be ideal power for me. So what is your opinion? Thanks

2. Fifthstone

Fifthstone Member

I have the Delta Blues 1x15 combo. The tone controls are actually quite good I think and I've never found myself short of treble. However, the best tones from this amp, IMO, is through the non MV / clean channel, cranked up to get some hair on the notes.

3. cooler21

cooler21 Member

Thank you Fifthstone. It's strange, because I have similar tone tastes as my friand who didn't like the Delta Blues 210 has. So I don't know what to do. Well, I know - I have to try it. But there is not much to choose from. Since I live in the Czech Republic our prices are little bit different from the US ones and this Delta Bues 210 should cost about $1055 in the Czech R., but there is a limited sale discount and I can buy it new for $777.The price limit for me is $830 and for example the cheapest new Fender Hot Rod Deluxe is for $1166 so there's really not much to choose from. But thank you for your info :)

4. dk123123dk

dk123123dk Member

try a ceriatone amp. that would be in your price range. That is assuming you have a speaker to use. Nik builds a great amp for all sorts of different situations.

The delta blues is a nice enough amp, but for those prices i would rather a Ceriatone. But at the price they go for around here (300 usd), they are a great value.

Good luck

dk