Peavey Generation thoughts

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by forgivenman, Jan 22, 2015.

1. forgivenman

forgivenman Supporting Member

Hi Guys,

I've been looking for a T-style guitar and these are typically priced very well. They seem like great guitars- can any owners give a little feedback?

2. leonard d rock

leonard d rock Member

i have two of the later generations, asian made. and they are very solid guitars. you might want to replace the electronics and hardware, but that would be to bring it up to your standards or taste. check out the peavey owners club at tdpri for more opinions

3. guitararmy

guitararmy Member

The original USA models with the active pu's had great necks and sounded nice--I made the mistake of letting mine go.

I've had several of the import models and they're very nice for the price.
    Just not like the old ones....

4. forgivenman

how can you tell whether or not they're older or newer?

5. Jimi D

Jimi D Member

Came here to post this. Really liked mine, but stupidly traded it in back in the '90s because it wasn't a Fender 52RI or something...

6. guitararmy

guitararmy Member

The original ones say made in the USA on back of the headstock....

7. forgivenman

Ok, cool

8. karma1

karma1 Member

Back in the 90's I bought a brand new Peavey Generations S2, which was somewhat similar to the Steve Cropper model that came out after the S2. It was a gorgeous guitar with an amber flame top, and it was love at first sight when I saw it in the store. There was a single coil in the neck and a humbucker in the bridge.

One thing I liked was that it had a contoured back like a Strat which made it more comfortable to play. However, for some reason, I just didn't "bond" with the guitar over time, even though I like Tele's and currently have two. Part of it may have been that it was the first time I had guitar with a Floyd Rose and I found that I am definitely not a fan of them. Also don't care for active pickups. I kept it for a few years and then sold it to a band mate. It was a well made guitar and had some nice features, but just wasn't right for me at the time.

9. mastercaster

mastercaster Member

The original USA ones, S1,S2,S3 and Standard don't have pickguards and have carved tops.

10. Whiskeyrebel

Whiskeyrebel Member

Reactor was their Tele style model with passive pups. I have one. Great neck on that one.

11. forgivenman

12. randomhitz

randomhitz Member

I have an asian tele nashville style that required a new bridge (26$ licensed wilkinson with compensated 3 barrel saddles). Great neck and really nice sounding neck and middle pickups. The slightly older ones had a little valley carved into the headstock near the top. Think the new ones do not.

13. forgivenman

Thanks guys, so this looks like a good guitar