Peavey Musebox!?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by rsm, Feb 5, 2012.

1. rsm

rsm Member

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  2. Reincaster

Reincaster Member

Nice idea, but you can only use the plugins that they offer, at least at release, until comeone finds a way to convert VST's to their linux format.

3. mwc2112

mwc2112 Supporting Member

Yeah, the lack of 3rd party plugin support is a big turn-off for me. Maybe someone will 'jailbreak' it. ;)

But I guess they want you to upgrade to one of the Receptor (twice as much $$$) products to get a more open platform.

As appealing as the Musebox is, a laptop with a decent interface seems like a better use of $1k.

4. rsm

rsm Member

so much promise and potential here IMO. really too bad this will be a "closed" device. :nuts

hopefully the upgraded SM-Pro Audio V-Machine will be out eventually (next year or two) and then the V-Pedal (this decade at least)

:puh

5. 88Keyplayer

88Keyplayer Member

After downloading the owners manual for this unit, this is what I get from the information it provided. I hope this is helpful.
    What they are offering is an expansion card input for cards manufactured by Musebox and or Peavey. Everyone has been advertising this as a VST player but it plays what's stored in the unit and whatever is going to be offered on the expansion cards ONLY. Buying a VST ''PLUG IN'' will be a waste of money for this unit. Stored presets in this unit should not be called plug ins because they are not plug ins. The unit itself may be used as a plug in for DAW applications but there are NO VST's at present time that will work for the Musebox. The Muse VIP is the next step up that will take 3rd party PLUG IN's at a list of $1599.00. If this information is redundant please accept my apology.

6. TubeAmpNut

TubeAmpNut Member