• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Peavey Revalver 4 to release "very soon"

kyolic

well, technically Kemper is just a cloner not and advance deep editing ass kicking amp modeler!:banana

Kemper does let you deep edit if you want to:

Axe FX has more deep editing functions for sure but that doesn't mean Kemper lacks them at all. Kemper has less of it because that's how it works. When you own a dual recto, you don't try to make it sound like a 5150, you go and buy a 5150 instead. Same with Kemper as a cloner. If you wan't 5150 sound you just load an 5150 profile instead of tweaking that recto profile into a 5150. That's why Kemper doesn't offer deep editing parameters like resistor brand or pcb thickness, etc. :)

Last edited:

nicolasrivera

Platinum Supporting Member
Kemper does let you deep edit if you want to:

Axe FX has more deep editing functions for sure but that doesn't mean Kemper lacks them at all. Kemper has less of it because that's how it works. When you own a dual recto, you don't try to make it sound like a 5150, you go and buy a 5150 instead. Same with Kemper as a cloner. If you wan't 5150 sound you just load an 5150 profile instead of tweaking that recto profile into a 5150. That's why Kemper doesn't offer deep editing parameters like resistor brand or pcb thickness, etc. :)

And its not an amp modeller in the proper meaning like the Axe Fx is! :D

sevser

Your post had me all hyped up until I checked out their page. iOS only, ugh.

That's because iOS is a better platform for audio. I ran PC up until last year...I never have issues with iOS. Always tinkering and crashing PC. How much is revalver 4 expected to run? I have everything positive grid put out for under 100 bucks. And it's made to run with the phone most people walk around with. I like their thinking process...they always show you a actual beta version of what they are working on and actually deliver on the update.

Lain

Always tinkering and crashing PC
My PC is never crashing and i don't have to tinker with my audio either. Having "repaired" a ton of PCs i can safely say that the problem is sitting nearly always in front of the screen.
I would also never touch an iPhone.... or any apple product for that matter.

mody

My PC is never crashing and i don't have to tinker with my audio either. Having "repaired" a ton of PCs i can safely say that the problem is sitting nearly always in front of the screen. I would also never touch an iPhone.... or any apple product for that matter.

Absolutely right on the money there. PC and macs are awesome if you know what your doing. Ios cannot be taken seriously though it way better at audio than android etc.

I tried every dam amp sim on ios with an rme baby face to the irig hd. While some sounded usable, all had latency issues, specially when playing with crunch/gain, I noticed the latency drop with clean patches.

Finally broke down and got a kemper and apollo twin duo. Never been happier.

Evo5150

Absolutely right on the money there. PC and macs are awesome if you know what your doing. Ios cannot be taken seriously though it way better at audio than android etc.

I tried every dam amp sim on ios with an rme baby face to the irig hd. While some sounded usable, all had latency issues, specially when playing with crunch/gain, I noticed the latency drop with clean patches.

Finally broke down and got a kemper and apollo twin duo. Never been happier.

I saved the money and just use an iPad Air and BIAS. No latency, works great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nicolasrivera

Platinum Supporting Member
ReValver 4 Producer Pack: $99.99

Includes:
Over $250 of modules!
Redesigned ReValver 4 engine
Improved tone, GUI / UI
More in depth tweaking of modules
Dual signal chains for multiple rigs
All equivalent amp/stomp/effects/RIR Cab modules from III.V (listed below)
**NEW** RIR 2 Cabinet Module plus 21 included cabs and all mics (over 650 combinations)
**NEW** World Wide Verb, "Again" Delay, Käften Noise Gate, Square Phase, Digital/Analog Flanger Modules
**NEW** Input and Output Modules including ACT™ (Audio Cloning Technology), Noise Gate, Tuner, Compressor, Parametric EQs, Multiple Chains Blending/Panning, VU Meter with Input Normalisation
Additional ACT™ Content (S-Caster and LP Standard Bundles)
Pedal Board for Stomp Boxes
GIG Mode for seamless rig switching via MIDI
AAX Plug in support (along with VST/AU and Stand Alone Operation)
Access to the Amp Store for an ever growing selection of new modules, cabinets and ACT Content
ReValver MK III.V Owners Upgrade to Producer Pack: $49.99
Included modules:
Amps/Cabs - Peavey 6505®, Peavey 6505+, Herr Demon, Basic 100, Fox AC30, BluesMaker '62, Budda® Superdrive™ 18 II, Budda Superdrive V-20, Michael ACM 900, Redhot AD30TC, Peavey Classic 30, Peavey Triple XXX® II, Peavey Masterpiece 50, Peavey 3120, Flathill Dual, Peavey Sensation 20, Peavey ValveKing® MKII, Custom Lite 20W, RIR 2 Cabinet Modeler (including: 1960A 4x12, 430A 4x12, 6505 4x12, 6505 Prototype 4x12, Bluesmaker 2x12 open back, Budda 1x12 open back, Budda V-20 1x12 open back, California Twin 2x12, Classic 30 1x12 open back, Classic 4x12, Delta Blues 1x15, Delta Blues 2x10, Flathill 4x12, Fox AC30 2x12 open back, Jarnmalm 4x12 (with 4 speaker positions), Redhot PPC212, Redhot PPC 412, Sensation 20 1x12 open back, ValveKing 1x12 combo, ValveKing 4x12 (with four speaker positions) Windsor 4x12 straight), RIR Cabinet Modeler (including over 700 IRs), RIR2 Lite Cabinet Modeler
Stomps/Effects/Tools:
C-verb, Chorus CE2, Analog Flanger, PRESSOR, Lite Green, Tremolo, Digital Flanger, M104 Analog Delay, Treble Booster, Audio Stream Splitter, Square-Phase, Käften, Slammer compressor, Greener TS808, C-verb Lite, Sher'ff, 3rd party plugin (VST, AU), World-Wide-Verb, Budda Budwah, Wham!, Again Delay
Input/Output Modules and ACT™ Content:
VU Meters, Noisegate, Tuner, Multiple Chains, Parametric EQ, Compressor, ACT Input (including: LP Std, S-Caster, Peavey HP Signature Select, Peavey JD Omniac bundles, Nylon and Takemine Tasters), ACT Output (including: 4 x Output Profiles)

ReValver 4 Modules included for Free
ValveKing and Custom Lite Amp Modules
RIR 2 Lite Cabinet Modeling Module (3 x cabs, 3 x mics, multiple mic positions)
Lite Green and Tremolo Stomp Boxes
C-verb Lite Effects Module
Audio Stream splitter
ACT Content (1 x Acoustic Bundle, 2 x Electric Pickup Bundles, 4 x Output presets)
Access to the Amp Store for an ever growing selection of new modules, cabinets and ACT Content
AMP STORE PRICING
Amp Modules - $7.99
Stomp Boxes - $3.99
Effects/Tools/RIR 2 - $4.99
ACT Bundles - $4.99

RIR 2 Cabinets - $1.99
Cabinet Bundles - $4.99

djd100

Great news, I've always liked ReValver III.V.

Sent from my Atrix HD MAXX using Tapatalk.

Looks pretty good. The sound didn't blow me away like some people were hyping it up to, but it certainly didn't sound bad. All the options are nice too. I'll try it out if they have a demo, but so far it doesn't look like it will replace S-gear for me. However it might compliment it since it seems to be geared more for high gain where as S-gear is more low medium gain centric.

Is there a free version, where you can buy everything separately? If so, that would be great as I don't think I need any of the clean amps.

JayRod

Is there a free version, where you can buy everything separately? If so, that would be great as I don't think I need any of the clean amps.
ReValver 4 Modules included for Free
ValveKing and Custom Lite Amp Modules
RIR 2 Lite Cabinet Modeling Module (3 x cabs, 3 x mics, multiple mic positions)
Lite Green and Tremolo Stomp Boxes
C-verb Lite Effects Module
Audio Stream splitter
ACT Content (1 x Acoustic Bundle, 2 x Electric Pickup Bundles, 4 x Output presets)
AMP STORE PRICING
Amp Modules - $7.99
Stomp Boxes - $3.99
Effects/Tools/RIR 2 - $4.99
ACT Bundles - $4.99

RIR 2 Cabinets - $1.99
Cabinet Bundles - $4.99

shasha

Actually it is an amp modeler with automatic parameter setting and tone matching, all via the profiling process.

Sent from my Atrix HD MAXX using Tapatalk.
It's not an amp modeler. A modeler mimics the circuitry from beginning to end (with varying degrees of success obviously) to create the sound where as the KPA is a profiler which takes the input signal and imparts the final result of the amp that it's profiled onto/into the guitar signal.

The big difference is that the nuances in a design such as the TMB stack placement and values on the KPA will be static where as a modeler will react more similarly to that of the original. The KPA has some clever tricks, but if you adjust the TMB on the profile of a Fender Bassman profile it will react the same as adjusting it on a Mesa Boogie MKIIC+ profile. Adjusting those same parameters on modeler should act more like the original amps that they are modeling.

Is it splitting hairs? Does it really matter if you like your tone? Does the end result make the difference a non issue? Yes, no, probably not, etc., but my point is that it is a different technology and there are some differences in how they go about skinning this particular cat.

Also if the KPA were truly a modeler you could delete all the profiles and create a patch directly from the front panel using nothing else.

I'm obviously not dogging the KPA or anything here, just pointing out that it is not a conventional modeler. It wasn't designed to be and it's never pretended to be one. It definitely skins a cat though.

mikah912

Silver Supporting Member
I was mostly interested until I saw that the lineup of modules is exactly the same as III.V. I am sure we will get the spiel about an "considerably tweaked engine" and vastly improved sound quality just like Line 6 did with Amplifi and Digitech did with the new RP pedals..... but it just seems like more wheel-spinning to me.

Maybe the ACT thing will bring sons sort of amazing tone matching, and maybe they didn't forget about the touch-optimized tablet mode that they promised at NAMM.....but so far.....I'm underwhelmed.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom