Peavey Revalver 4?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by eclipseall, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Dave Merrill

Dave Merrill Supporting Member

I can't find the Twin, Plexi, JCM, or 5150, as individual amps or in any bundle. Might they have different names?

2. primemover12

primemover12 Member

Not sure if there's a Twin in ReValver. There's a nice clean shimmery amp in the Basic 100. And there's a great tweed in the Classic 30. The Plexi is the Bluesmaker, the JCM900 is the ACM900, and the 5150 was renamed the 6505.

eoengineer and Elric like this.
  3. jdalf

jdalf Member

I recommend trying the demo which has no time limit, just a tone generated every 30 seconds or so. Selecting an amp gives hints what it's based on.I love Revalver4, had it since it came out, no problems ever. I think lots of bang for buck here.

4. eoengineer

eoengineer Supporting Member

Oops, yeah they use different names. Loading them up in the UI makes it a little easier to figure out which amp the model references.

I’m pretty sure the basic 100 is a twin or maybe a bandmaster, but def lands in the fender clean camp.

I also forgot to call out their budda sd18 amp model, stupid good.

Also a fan of a lot of the stomps. The tubescreamer is one of the most realistic I’ve played. The phase 90 and chorus (I think a boss ce-2) are standouts as well.

5. eoengineer

eoengineer Supporting Member

@Dave Merrill if you do happen to try Revalver4, i'd be curious to hear your thoughts on it. Post them here if you wouldn't mind.

6. BillTrantos

BillTrantos Member

I tried Revalver4 today, it's really something, especially if you consider it's age. The fact that you can use other VSTs with it and IRs makes it seem way ahead of it's time. The amp/stompbox/fx modeling isn't bad either, as a matter of fact the Peavey branded amps and the Budda are quite good even by today's standards.

If anyone wants a small demo let me know.

7. Dave Merrill

Sure, have at it, thanks :)

8. caledoneus

caledoneus Member

I've got it on my computer, just b/c it came free with a small Peavey mixer that I bought to use for recording stuff. It's alright. Pretty easy to navigate, sounds OK, and can be used in a DAW as a VST (which is handy)

9. BillTrantos

BillTrantos Member

Sorry, I didn't have my guitars here, I did some reamping with the plugin, soloed tracks as well as full mix. I think it sounds pretty good considering that it hasn't seen any development the past few years.

I only used the 6505 model it's the only one I've owned IRL, boosted with a tubescreamer into some OwnHammer Justin York IRs of a Mesa Boogie cab.

Markdude likes this.
  10. Dave Merrill

No offense, but those are so not my tones it's hard to tell what it'd be like for me, I'm not so much doing heavy stuff. I should just get my stuff together and demo it myself. Will queue that up behind the Helix update...

Quite some picking there though :)

11. BillTrantos

BillTrantos Member

Non taken, hope it helps someone else. I wish I picked like that haha, it's a DI track I found online and I use it whenever I can't play for some reason.

12. eclipseall

eclipseall Member

got an answer from Peavey saying that Revalver is going through a transformation and they are currently working on it. So its alive and well.

sedawkgrep, Markdude and BillTrantos like this.
  13. nicolasrivera

nicolasrivera Gold Supporting Member

They been saying that for a VERY long time....