Peavey Tube Guitar Amp Love Thread.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by 5150user, Dec 21, 2009.

1. 5150user

5150user Member

Just check out my user name.....5150user.:crazyguy

I use it as a clean platform for pedals. Hey, Satch did the same thing with his JSX amps.

2. tennisplayer

tennisplayer Senior Member

Love my Classic 50 head.

3. mcdonaldkd

mcdonaldkd Member

Tried to get rid of my C50 dozens of times, and I have never been able to pull the trigger! It's just a really good amp that does lots of things very, very well. And rugged to boot!

4. Echo Are

Echo Are Member

I had a 1973 Classic and a 1992 Bravo 112. The Bravo's one of the great budget sleeper tube amps of the last 20 years IMHO.

5. hammersig

hammersig Member

Classic 50 head till my dying day.

6. or bowling

or bowling Member

I was gonna sell my Boogie Triaxis Midi PreAmp until I hooked into Peavey's 8x EL84 Stereo Power Amp (called a Classic 50-50)... It's tone and the fact it has a low end EQ control (called "Resonance") caused it to smoke my Boogie power amps! (20-20 and a 50-50).

7. rockon1

rockon1 Member

My RGT3120 and Ultra Plus. No pedals here!

[​IMG]

8. Brazen

Brazen Member

My Peavey Windsor half stack ain't bad at all. :JAM

9. Wilbur

Wilbur Guest

I'll bring in the low end. PV VK112 combo here. It's modded a little. Love it!

10. ProToneThinline

ProToneThinline Member

I went shopping for a new small gig amp a couple of months ago. I went to buy an Egnater Rebel 30, but came home with a Peavey Classic 30 instead. Love that amp!!!

11. mikem

mikem Senior Member

I have a 5150 combo that I've had for about fourteen years now- never a problem other than a couple of retubes. I am a huge fan of the rhythm channel- you can use it for practically anything except for crystal cleans. I've played country on it! Most folks used to hate these amps, but a lot of folks have caught on to them now. I'll never get rid of mine.

Mike

12. FaceMeltingJam

FaceMeltingJam Member

I own a Peavey Classic 50/50 Stereo Power Amp... and i run it with a Peavey Rockmaster Tube preamp. Unreal tone with these two together... ppl say rockmasters are just for metal blah blah blah. Had both the power and pre amp retubed by bob from eurotubes. This Rack setup with a TS9 is all i need to melt faces whether it be fat jazzy, dirty blues, or metal mayhem.

13. buddaman71

buddaman71 Student of Life Silver Supporting Member

I gigged with 2 Classic 50 212's in stereo with a comp and delay pedal for several years.
    Tele with an EMG and that rig will give you a killer Keith Urban-Golden Road-type semi-overdriven tone.

Mine literally look like they have been drug down a gravel road behind a tractor, have always performed perfectly and I have never even re-tubed them in 15 years.

PS: I had a Rockmaster/50/50/Alesis Quadraverb/212 stereo cab rig that I used before that and it always sounded fantastic as well. Killer, inexpensive 4U rack rig!