• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Peavey Vypyr 30?

Mike R.

On paper, this seems like an insanely good value for the money.

Anyone tried one?

LINK

Last edited:

scott58

The 30 is the only one i've tried. A bit muddy for my taste. Super Champ XD is alot better in my opinion. If that's your price range however and your interested in amp modeling look at a Vox DA 20.

rotren

I tried it. The distortion models are pretty cool for high gain people, but the cleaner tones sounded lifeless to me. Effects are plentiful and pretty good too.

doc

Silver Supporting Member
I tried the small 15 watt version and was very impressed. Best modelling amp I've played yet. That's assuming you're talking about "Peavey". Haven't tried a "Peacey" yet, although I'd bet they sound great for '60's acid type stuff. If I was in a pro cover band I think the bigger version would likely be my main amp if the reliablility turns out to be decent.

Electric I

Had the 15W to check out the sounds - gain sounded buzzy with too much high end to my ears. Not to mention it only worked when it felt like it & there was some weird-ass oscillation goin' on at random.So back it went.

Made me realize how much a better value my scxd is.

Trending Topics