Peavey Windsor Studio Combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by sluhsh, Jan 15, 2008.

1. sluhsh

sluhsh Member

Hi. Has anyone heard why Peavey never came out with the Windsor Studio combo? I was really hot for that amp when it was first announced.

After 8 months of believing Sweetwater and their "Great relationship with Peavey it'll be here next week" line the light bulb came on. It reminded me of tellin those girls I'll pull out. I promise

And if your interested, I was just at that website and they said it'll be here next week. Promise

2. fattone

fattone Member

We would love to see them. We've had the Windsor Studio combo on backorder since mid-June. But we're not sweetwater....

Phil at Fat Tone

3. Oldtone

Oldtone Member

Sweetwater is making more excuses. I gave up on it. It's at least 6 months late.

4. johnyfavorit

johnyfavorit Supporting Member

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Oops! We're Out Of Stock, But Just For A Moment![/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]This item is normally in stock at Sweetwater, but not right now. We're on top of it and more should arrive in our warehouse within a day or two. Go ahead, place your order now. We will ship it immediately, the very same day we receive it. :messedup
    [/FONT]

5. fr8_trane

fr8_trane Member

Interesting...Amp vaporware. I was interested in this amp as well.

6. re-animator

re-animator Senior Member

hahaa.... remember bugera?? that was what, a year ago??

7. sgmarshall

sgmarshall Member

I think Peavey announces new products too soon. They did that with the Penta. When I first seen the announcement, it generated GAS. It took so long to finally come out the GAS went away. They're doing the same with the Windsor Studio...I had GAS last summer when I heard about it. I hope their marketing department takes note...We have GAS and ADHD at the same time, don't wait 6 to 8 months to release a product after it's announced...

8. el greco

el greco Member

The M.I. store that I do bussiness with, who is a Peavey dealer, told me that Peavey wasn't pleased with the build quality of the final product so they're making the amp in another facility (again in China). This is the reason for the delay in shipping these amps.
    I've been doing bussiness with this store for many years and they have never told me any bs stories before, so I guess this could be the reason for the delay.
    It's a very interesting amp for sure and I've been waiting to see/hear it also.

9. bluescube

bluescube Supporting Member

I really wanted to try this amp out since it would be perfect for low volume playing with the power soak.

10. sluhsh

sluhsh Member

I liked that, sgmarshall. My GAS and ADHD went straight on over to MESA for a Lonestar Special since it could be played as low as 5 watts.

I had even called Peavey once asking what was the delay and was told there were UL problems, something about the attenuator.

11. sgmarshall

sgmarshall Member

I swear I get both. I was waiting for the Laney 20 watt head to come out, I ended up walking in a store one day and walked out with an Orange. The LSS is one of the amps I want to try out too....

12. sluhsh

sluhsh Member

I think I'd like an OLD Orange, a VERY old Orange. I was looking for a pedal and stumbled across the Orange Peel at http://www.olcircuits.com . The pedal is supposed to sound like an old Graphic Orange. I heard this clip and it was OMFG this pedal is Leslie West Masters of War! Does your Orange sound like this Orange Peel at all?

13. sgmarshall

sgmarshall Member

I just heard the soundclip, it's double tracked but the R30 is close to that, its thick and fat, like a Marshall on a cheeseburger diet. Check youtube and search orange amp demo. I'm a Marshall nut, but the Orange is part of the family now, I actually prefer it over a couple of my Marshalls.

14. telest

telest Member

It was this time last year when I heard about the Windsor Studio. MF finally has it on their site and in their catalog. Maybe it's getting close? Hard telling how well the attenuator will work, but the power tube swapping could be interesting. I'm going to snag one if it ever appears.

Steve

15. Drkmcg

Drkmcg Member

peavey states that they arriving early february.

Samash.com has them on their site and states their in stock. Haven't seen one in the store yet.

16. dumeril7

dumeril7 Member

Ironic thing is that you can (or you could as of several weeks ago) download the Windsor Studio manual from their support site.

The amp looks great on paper, but the one clip I found of it (a NAMM video) was not very impressive.

D7

17. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

Is the windsor (not combo...since it isn't out anyway, but head) any good for metal (nu or old? or both?)?

I'm just asking for my nephew.

18. mlj_gear

mlj_gear Member

Yeah, that crap pisses me off. I bet if you average over all of the products that they slap that statement on, the median "day or two" is about three months. Someone should do a regular Dateline Exclusive on it. Maybe a good dose of embarrassment would help :). I'm not just picking on Sweetwater, by the way, although their statement may be the most annoying. MF just moves their arrival dates back by one day every day... until the next day... until...

19. Trandy

Trandy Supporting Member

We just received our first Windsor Studio today...for $399.00 it sounds pretty darned good.

Just had a few minutes with it this afternoon...but it's promising...especially for the money.

20. bluescube

bluescube Supporting Member

Hmmm......wonder how it compares against a Palomino V32? I really wanted to get the Windsor studio with the attenuator.