Peda to boost my Tim = Timmy?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by npfrs, Jan 29, 2012.

1. npfrs

npfrs Member

So, I have a Tim pedal from Paul and it's incredible. I leave the Tim side on and use the boost to get a great low-gain OD sound. It's pretty much the only dirt pedal I have/need on my board. However, I like to have a boost sometimes before my Whammy (which is before the Tim) and after the comp. I had a Keeley Katana (didn't bond with it) and was thinking about a Super Hard-on, but then it hit me... would a Timmy work in this context?

What say you?

2. Paulo Grua

Paulo Grua Member

I use a Lovepedal Amp50 after my Whammy and before my Timmy. I use it when I need a little more ain and volume for solos...

3. Heady Jam Fan

Heady Jam Fan Member

A few people have done this and liked it as far as I know. I would probably use a TS9.

4. teleclem

teleclem Member

I liked the way it stack with the Honey Bee.

5. BrianPhase90

BrianPhase90 Member

Screwdriver and Timmy work together aces.

6. hendrixstrat

hendrixstrat Supporting Member

I've been running 3 drives into my Twin..TS9>Screwdriver>Timmy>amp..I leave the Timmy on all the time with low to medium gain, volume set to amp unity..That is my "clean" tone. I use the TS9 set to medium gain to boost the Timmy into a little more gain for ACDC type rhythm.The Screwdriver is either a solo boost or a dirtier rhythm tone depending on the song..A stock TS9 really surprised me into the Timmy..Great tones with nice harmonics..

7. UncleLarry

UncleLarry Member

I boost my Timmy with an Xotic EP Boost. It's great for soloing and it doesn't change your tone as much as stacking another dirt pedal.