• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Pedal adjustment tip (knob installation content.)

Mike R.

I posted this as a reply to another thread but thought some might find it useful. If not, that's cool.

When some say 'set everything to noon' everyone's noon might not be the same. I know you adjust by ear but when I see pedal comparisons and the knob positions are set identically I always wonder if they actually are.

Dumb as it sounds you may want to check the way the knobs are installed on the pot shafts.

On my Mythical Overdrive the knobs were installed slightly off true center of the shaft rotation so that when the pointer was at 'noon' the pot adjustment was actually '2pm.'

There is an audible difference between noon and 2pm.

They had to be 'centered' on the pot shaft.

Set the knob to zero, make a mark at the zero setting, rotate to full on and mark that point. Look at the middle, or 'noon' - the center between those two marks. Is it where you thought it should be?

On my SNOUSE Black Box true noon on the pot rotation is actually 10:00 because of the way the knobs are installed. They are really hard to remove so I just note that and remember the true noon position.

jlagrassa

Silver Supporting Member
noon or 12:00 is just a reference point but some tone pots may use noon as a flat response setting.

broken_sound

Silver Supporting Member
I always twist my knobs on a new pedal to both extremes to make sure this is the case. I'd say being off center has happened twice to me ever surprisingly.

Mike R.

noon or 12:00 is just a reference point but some tone pots may use noon as a flat response setting.
That's something I forgot to put in there.

If noon is flat than its even more important but of course always adjust with your ears and not your eyes.

Trending Topics