Pedal Advice for a Blues jr.

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by erocypsi, Dec 23, 2009.

1. erocypsi

erocypsi Member

Hey all,
    I own a Blues Jr. and am looking to get it to sound a little more rockin'. I have a Fulltone Mosfet II which is great for bluesy classic rock overdrive, but I was hoping for a nice pedal which could put me over the top into some ACDC type tones as well as some british crunch.

Any suggestions? Remember this is going thru a blues jr. Any blues jr. owners out there who can comment as well?

2. zSPECTREz

zSPECTREz Member

I've used a VOX Tonelab LE & a BJr with great success.

3. CrunchTone78

CrunchTone78 Member

Might be wrong, but I've tried BJ with my FD2 (non-mosfet), to my ears it's too britle - though on the clean, it sounds fantastic (with LP).

It might be different case since what you have is the Mosfet one.

But then, I tried it with CrunchBox - and I think it nails it...!

4. erocypsi

erocypsi Member

Great to hear Crunch. I was thinking about the Crunchbox.
    As for the Tonelab, I really like them, just not sure I want a digital pedal. I am kind of oldschool :)

5. CrunchTone78

CrunchTone78 Member

My CB is the 2nd version which has the internal trimpot on it. And I've found that trimpot really helpful in dealing with different type of amps.

I've tried it with BJ and now I have Classic 30, and it still rocks..!!

6. erocypsi

erocypsi Member

Crunch Tone...
    I picked up the crunch box and was really pleased! I adjusted the trim pot, but found it sounded best when left in the original position. Sounds great for ACDC type tones and blues as well. Thanks for the great advice.

7. chucke99

chucke99 Member

I've played through a Blues Jr. a few times at a local jam, where they have one available onstage. IMO, you don't need a pedal to get rock crunch. Just dime all the knobs except the Master Volume and the Reverb. Turn up the MV until you hit the volume you need, then fiddle a bit with the tone knobs if you need to. Crunch city!