• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Pedal Art M/H-FSL Free GiveAway: CIOKS 4 expander, VBoutique Board, Providence Cables, CIOKS DC7!!!!

The-Kid

Pedal Art: CIOKS/Vboutique/Providence Dealer
Vendor
I'm always in for one of Daniel's giveaways because he has the best stuff! Thanks for doing these!

For my entry, I'll do a show and tell about my #1 guitar. It started life as one of those GC exclusive 2011 Gibson SG Standards. It has a silverburst body, ebony fretboard, and came with Burstbuckers 1 & 3.

Over the years, I've dabbled with all sorts of mods. The first thing I did was install a real RS wiring harness to replace the 300K pots Gibson insisted on using. Eventually, I swapped the pickups for Gibson P94s and put a Bigsby B5 with Vibramate on it. I grew tired of the Bigsby and wanted to try Fishman's new pickups, so I decided to swap a lot of the original hardware, as well, for locking stuff. Turns out, it's really annoying to have to charge a battery in a guitar, so I finally decided to swap the pickups back to proper Gibsons and make the guitar look classic like it should. (This all happened over a very long time; I promise I'm not that fickle!)

So here it is in its current iteration. It has all nickel hardware with locking Hipshot tuners, Tonepros bridge and tailpiece, and '90s Gibson 57 Classics with A5 magnets. It's tuned and setup with custom gauge strings for Open C ala Joey Landreth, and at this point there's nothing I would change. (Well, maybe lighter strings but for the same tuning. I went really big with the custom gauge.):

Stunning SG Standard and a real exceptional player from your description. And totally agree about Gibson guitars and Gibson pickups. Hard to find a better combo!

Thanks for Participating Chandy and look forward to announcing the winner and am rooting for you man!!

You get a spot with the Supah Cats in the eternal pleasure celestial palace of good vibes!!

The-Kid

Vendor
Watts this!?!?! This weeks prize!!!

Packing lots of power in a Shockingly small and versatile package not just offering high output but also many voltages 9/12/15/18.......The CIOKS 4 Expander!

Sometimes it Hertz to have so many variable options but in this case its much welcomed by many players and their rigs:)

Incorporates thermal protection just like the DC7 on each ISO so you dont have to worry about blowing a FuSe!

Current-ly
one of the most flexible PSUs CIOKS offers with so many ways to power it with 9-24 volt adapter, CellPhone Power Banks, Cellphone Charger, Laptop or Computer, One Spot, expandable with CIOKS DC7 , 8 Expander and also compatible with Strymon Zuma, GIGRIG and TrueTone CS12 proving amazing utility for players and their rigs. Can also be used internationally in Japan, Australia, USA, Canada, Europe, Antarctica etc etc pretty much anywhere.

This guy is ChARGED and Ready to go , Utilizing Pure Switching Tech for practically zero added noise and no proximity issues when powering your pedals for a really natural, organic and clean tone. Self mountable, can be mounted using CiOKS GRIP or even with dual lock and 1 inch profile and small surface area make it perfect for small or even medium sized boards and can fit almost anywhere!

A pretty GaLVAniC and ElectrifYInG little piece of kit lol.

Def check out!!!

Here this little guy is powering all this with Power Bank for Cellphone alone!!! If you use OnE Spot or a 24 Volt Adapter with one your more than set!

Can be used with Laptop, PC, PowerBank Or Cellphone Charger via USBC port

Can be used with Adapter 9-24 volt or One Spot

Compatible with CIOKS DC7, CIOKS 8 Expander, Strymon Zuma, Strymon Ojai, GIGRIG or TrueTone CS12

Last edited:

The-Kid

Vendor
A couple more days left for the first weeks announced winner for a CIOKS 4 expander. As soon as your in your also in the giveaway for the rest of the prized raffles and their respective weeks.

Thanks again for the support and big shout out to those who participate!

cosmic_ape

Silver Supporting Member
Oohh, yay! Another giveaway!

Here’s a snippet of me, tracking some guitars for my buddy’s newest album. Enjoy!

The-Kid

Vendor
Dang time passes by fast!!

3 more days until Saturday and first winner is announced

Check out how easy it is to mount the Future Power Generation DC7 or 8/4 expanders. Its 1 inch profile lets you put em beneath your board even on a flat Pedaltrain because its so low! Putting the CIOKS PSU underneath like this helps you save space on the top to add a couple more pedals as well. Can mount with CIOKS Grip as shown or Dual Lock or be self mounted using itself as a mount to screw on to any surface.

Either way put on top or below the low surface area and low profile helps save space.

No need to wait for tommorow. For the players ahead of their time, the future is within grasp.....

Future Power Generation

Thank you again all for the support and to all who have participated!!!

Cheers and best,

Daniel

Last edited:

The-Kid

Vendor
Oohh, yay! Another giveaway!

Here’s a snippet of me, tracking some guitars for my buddy’s newest album. Enjoy!

Thank you for the support Cosmic_Ape!!

Real Celestial Tone and Quasi-Stellar level of Skill and playing!

Need to see whats up with this latest project. Really phenomenal guitar work. Def going to check out "Cats on Mars" @cosmic_ape and thank your for sharing this awesome vid with us!

Cheers and may fortune be on your side

Last edited:

The-Kid

Vendor
Alright guys just wanted to post a pic of my current fave piece of gear.....this is the one for the giveaway and testing it out to see what it is capable of.

Wow this guy powered by a cell phone charger or 9 volt One Spot puts in as much work in as my CIOKS DC7 and 8 to power this whole board!!!! Used an 8 daisy and one 2 way splitter to power the whole board with just the. 3 taps in all powered the whole board, noise free.

The USBC connection is very sturdy and feels ultra durable. Very tight and snug fit. Was not expecting it to be so smooth and awesome to be honest and it definitely performed 110%.

The coolest part was that the DC7 USB could also power it. I know the 24 volt tap can as well to full power but if you have a 4 already but may not need all the ISO of another 8 powering another 4 this way is possible!

I have to say going back and forth between powering the board with the DC7/8 fully decked out, and powering the board with thr 4 alone its just as quiet as its bigger brothers powered any which way.

Playing with this and just amazed at how well it handles. Really put a fat smile on my face. Its just so cool and awesome :)

Also tried to see if I could power it further with the USB of the DC7. It worked flawlessly and powered all pedals as well. Just an amazing piece of kit.

One of these alone could power this huge board flawlessly with no noise added even with adapter or cellphone charger. Brilliant piece of kit and definitely a PSU to consider for small, medium or HUGE boards like mine even!

Fantastic and jaw dropping power.

Thanks again to all who participated and participate and am really happy to announce this one and the winner. Will also throw in a USBC cable so you can go on and power their board or project as soon as winner receives it as well.

This one is pretty fun and whoever wins this one will definitely find much use for it.

Thanks again guys for the support and again looking forward to announcing first weeks winner!

Last edited:

Mr.Pug

Thanks for doing another giveaway! Here is my current rig. My sister painted my Strat for me over the summer, and I'm so happy with the results! She did a great job and it makes the guitar even more special.

pete12string

Silver Supporting Member
"Picture of your rig or your fave piece of gear."

Wildwood Thinskin '59 Stratocaster and Germino Classic 45 with 2x12 Greenbacks and Germino Lead 35 on top of 1x12 with Celestion Cream Alnico...

JoeGags

Here is a pedalboard I put together for my son last Christmas. We have a couple shop-bots at the school I teach - My physics teacher buddy cut the pieces out of baltic birch for me. Definitely for the bedroom, a little bulky to move around, but my boy seems to dig it. Thanks a lot for this give away, and thanks again for your expertise on this site - you have answered a number of my questions already! IMG_0429.jpeg

The-Kid

Vendor

Thanks for doing another giveaway! Here is my current rig. My sister painted my Strat for me over the summer, and I'm so happy with the results! She did a great job and it makes the guitar even more special.
Love the rustic board and layout.

Very pretty guitars!!!

It's not my main board but here is one I put together with all my Dr. Scientist pedals.

Dr.Scientist pedal Swag! Some of The nicest art work on pedals Ive seen and top Jacks for the win.

I bet they sound even better than they look.

"Picture of your rig or your fave piece of gear."

Wildwood Thinskin '59 Stratocaster and Germino Classic 45 with 2x12 Greenbacks and Germino Lead 35 on top of 1x12 with Celestion Cream Alnico...

White Strat and some Plexi Amps.....

Who needs more?!?!

Good stuff and a beauty from WildWood. Those guitars are amazing.

Cheers!!!

Well, since I did a rig picture last time, here's a collaborative performance I got involved with a little while back. I'm the lone Kiwi on acoustic and electric guitars.

Amazing Pro song and excellent work. Wow is not enough to say how awesome this work is. Whats that with the steering handle!?!?! And wow even a glass wine is used. Spectacular guitar!!! Great harmony vocals.

I need to rotate in some of my new loves with the old standbys, but Cioks power would help:

Loving the Digitech Vibe and the old rack. Eventide for the win.

Thanks for doing this. I also live in Anaheim, small world! Here is my current pedal board.
An EQ200 in the wild, EQD and MXR goodness, Mythical OD and Friedman OD/DS really bring it I bet. Nice Hardwire!

Here is a pedalboard I put together for my son last Christmas. We have a couple shop-bots at the school I teach - My physics teacher buddy cut the pieces out of baltic birch for me. Definitely for the bedroom, a little bulky to move around, but my boy seems to dig it. Thanks a lot for this give away, and thanks again for your expertise on this site - you have answered a number of my questions already! View attachment 301662
Love this humble board. Those TC pedals are amazing not just for the money. Really awesome tone!!!

Crybaby and Muff Love!!!

Not sure what the others are but mini pedals are great too and a friend just sent me a TomSLine Boost, super affordable pedal. Really unexpectedly awesome tone and utility. Im a believer.

Thanks to all who participated and much and may your possibilities to win and to have an awesome day know no cosmic bounds!!! Much like a Cat in a box, have fun....because anything is possible!!!

Cheers and thank you again for the massive support and may fortune be on your side!

The-Kid

Vendor
Def check out these offerings!!!!

The CIOKS 4 winner will be announced tomorrow. These things are amazing and have tested myself extensively and really went above and beyond expectations. Really amazing piece of kit and anyone would be happy with one and find it useful for many purposes. Made in Europe, designed in Denmark and proudly made in Poland.

VBoutique are great boards for a build and really well made and top quality. Please check these guys out from my hometown. Really make some amazing stuff and made proudly in Anaheim USA. Conrad and the boys are hand making some new FlatBoards and they are really looking forward to give one out to a lucky winner next week. Great top quality product and well made here in America.

Def check out Providence, these cables are pretty solid through and through meeting and surpassing their own expectations and standards out of respect for the craft of the cable itself and out of respect for the player most important of all. Made with pride and dedication in Japan.

Cheers guys and thank you again for the support, this would not be possible without the forum and members like you. Deep appreciation and huge thanks once again for all those who participate.

Last edited:

Random1643

Cool Idea!! Count me in. More of a recording in my basement vs a "performance," so hopefully this makes the cut.

I’m not new to guitar playing even to electric guitar playing, but late in life am finally getting around learning about different effects I can use with an electric guitar. I'm now a little obsessed with pedals. For this sound sample, recorded live in 2017, I’m playing a Gretsch G5620T-CB semi-hollow electric guitar into a Tube Amp Factory 14-watt amplifier. Here’s my sequence; the effects are mostly about OD, Delay and Trem:

1. Gretsch Guitar w/ brass slide>>
2. Fishman Analog Preamp (includes compression)>>
3. MXR M77 Custom Badass Overdrive >>
4. Boss DD-3 Digital Delay >>
6. Lotus Pedal Gray Tremolo >>
7. Tube Amp Factory 14-watt combo with Reverb, Fat Switch engaged

The guitar is tuned to open D. I'm just improvising here, just repeating a standard riff that turns on partial 7 and 4 chords interspersed with some riffs and then occasionally sliding up to more solid 4.

The-Kid

Vendor
Cool Idea!! Count me in. More of a recording in my basement vs a "performance," so hopefully this makes the cut.

I’m not new to guitar playing even to electric guitar playing, but late in life am finally getting around learning about different effects I can use with an electric guitar. I'm now a little obsessed with pedals. For this sound sample, recorded live in 2017, I’m playing a Gretsch G5620T-CB semi-hollow electric guitar into a Tube Amp Factory 14-watt amplifier. Here’s my sequence; the effects are mostly about OD, Delay and Trem:

1. Gretsch Guitar w/ brass slide>>
2. Fishman Analog Preamp (includes compression)>>
3. MXR M77 Custom Badass Overdrive >>
4. Boss DD-3 Digital Delay >>
6. Lotus Pedal Gray Tremolo >>
7. Tube Amp Factory 14-watt combo with Reverb, Fat Switch engaged

The guitar is tuned to open D. I'm just improvising here, just repeating a standard riff that turns on partial 7 and 4 chords interspersed with some riffs and then occasionally sliding up to more solid 4.

Reminds me of a trip to Arizona. Very deserty lol

That Delay and tremolo sound amazing.

Thank you for the support and may the cosmic and quantum winds blow your way and the Schrodinger be strong with you. Cheers and best :)

Trending Topics