• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Pedal board - Phase 2

gennation

When I first busted out my on stage I had a nice lay out of my guitar pedals (boost, distortion, etc...) on the left side of my music stand and my organ type pedals (B9, C9 Micro POG, etc...) on the right stand of my music stand. It fit in my stage space nicely and left my left foot handle the busy stuff and my right foot handle more of the "on for the whole tune" type stuff.

But all my pedals were just laying on the floor like so (and this is only a limited amount of my pedals)...

Then I had a couple of weeks to mess around with things and cut out a number of cardboard iterations of pedal boards trying to come up with a good pedal board plan. So I'd lay out the pedals on a peice of cardboard, fine a size and arrangement I'd like and cut it out. Then I'd use it for a bit to see if I really liked it. I couldn't find a good fit.

Then it hit me to split them up like I had it! I found a good prototype.

In the end I want a couple of pedaltrain boards but still need to refine some things. So I came up with a great cheap and super usable way of testing my board configs...mount them on plexi glass!

The surface is great. It's easy to clean, stick velroc or 2 sided tape to, very forgiving, etc...

So I measured and had some cut and this is where I'm at now...

I still have a few things to button down but I'm gigging with it this weekend for this first time and will refine the functionality from there. I'm still in the process of refining the pedal...looking at a new distortion pedal, adding an envelope filter, and a few other things but the plexi glass is GREAT way to test the water before springing the cash on the pedaltrain boards.

And since the plexi glass is so forgiving I can move things around easily, to other cuts of plxi, etc... Like, I'm going to cut a smaller piece to bring only a boost, delay, and organ pedal to big band gigs.

Just wanted to share.

Last edited:

mkr1

Silver Supporting Member
Interesting idea - if your priority isn't maintaining the look of "pedals directly on the stage" have you considered using black acrylic instead of clear so the cables wouldn't be as noticeable?

gennation

Interesting idea - if your priority isn't maintaining the look of "pedals directly on the stage" have you considered using black acrylic instead of clear so the cables wouldn't be as noticeable?
Hadn't thought about that and didn't really know it was available. That would be a great idea.

Trending Topics