Pedal board power supply question

jvstrat

So I am building a small pedal board that has a hall of fame mini reverb, tc triple delay, tc polytune, tc spark boost mini, and a Friedman beod. I have a brand new voodoo lab pedal power plus 2 mounted under the board which is a tolex/wood by blackbird pedalboards. One thing I have noticed is that when I had the hof mini and triple delay above where the pedal power is, they picked up a very audible hum/noise . Those pedals were going through the effects loop. It was as if they picked up the noise from the power box. When I lift the delay off the board the noise goes away. It seems a lot of people love those power supplies. Dave Friedman suggested I may want to try a MXR ISO block or true tone one spot c7 as those don't give off a hum to pedals above them. Anyone have experience with any of this?

Hum means they need to be isolated...from what i understand. If you are daisy chaining, try putting one pedal per outlet and see if that works. I have the one spot pro 12 and i couldnt be happier, but since i use high gain, there is still hum...even with isolation and a furman powerstrip. Its rock n roll to be a little noisy

-Empire

Dump the PP2+ and get a 1spot and a couple gigrig isolators from analog man for free shipping in the US.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom