Pedal Board recommendations

Bogner

so I’m about to put my pedalboard together and have done 0 research on mounting boards. What are your favorites? It won’t be small so space for power supply and probably a Gig Rig switcher.
Schmidt Array hands down. It's not even close.

smithguitars

Silver Supporting Member
Schmidt Array, the best. I got the chance to visit with Martyn Smith and the Schmidt Array crew a couple of weeks ago. Great designs, money well spent. I really like the SA525--more pedal space than the 900 according to MS. I would buy again, but I may never need to. Gigrig G2 and Gigrig Power FTW.

CJReaper

I'd say Friedman or Voodoo Labs Dingbat as they (VL) offer their own switching system that mounts to the board unless your dead set on the GigRig.

Husky

I'd say Friedman or Voodoo Labs Dingbat as they (VL) offer their own switching system that mounts to the board unless your dead set on the GigRig.
Well I have the ES8, Musicom 3 and I like the functionality of the Gig Rig. I would probably do it myself, if I can work on The Edges board I can do my own ;-), I’m just deciding on the physical board and trying to narrow down what I really need.

cosmic_ape

Silver Supporting Member
Well I have the ES8, Musicom 3 and I like the functionality of the Gig Rig. I would probably do it myself, if I can work on The Edges board I can do my own ;-), I’m just deciding on the physical board and trying to narrow down what I really need.
Well, if you are doing it yourself and using a switcher, I would recommend a flat board, especially if you plan on including volume/expression pedals. Using them on a slanted board is a mayor PITA...

Something like a Gator G-Tour board:

Husky

Well, if you are doing it yourself and using a switcher, I would recommend a flat board, especially if you plan on including volume/expression pedals. Using them on a slanted board is a mayor PITA...

Something like a Gator G-Tour board:

I’m half thinking about designing a custom one in 3D and making it ;-)

I’ll carve the whole things out of one piece of flamed Koa and 30 coats of hand rubbed Shellac :)

I use to be a Pedaltrain user.. haven't used them for about a year and half or so.. Love my Temple Board.. I customized it by adding a bridge from Fix Pedalboards for more real estate.. I'm super happy with it.. I'm flooded in reverb.. beyond the depths.. :D

cosmic_ape

Silver Supporting Member
I use to be a Pedaltrain user.. haven't used them for about a year and half or so.. Love my Temple Board.. I customized it by adding a bridge from Fix Pedalboards for more real estate.. I'm super happy with it.. I'm flooded in reverb.. beyond the depths.. :D

Oh, snap! Are they adjustable? Do they swivel?

GTone80

This is the ultimate.
For sure ! But for most of people it is guitar money :confused:
I hope they will work on the production and lower the cost on day.

I'm like a kid with mine, and move it around the house all the time :

I support what was said above, a board with a switcher needs to have a really low profile (the lower floor at least).

I'm a big fan of the L.A. Sound Design work and layout on a flat plywood board also for this kind of configuration.

I love the Temple board style, but with a switcher it can be massive.

Trending Topics