Pedal Board setup questions

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by zkelly05, Mar 3, 2012.

1. zkelly05

zkelly05 Member

I feel like I keep asking a bunch of questions, but that's what this forum is for right :dunno

So I'm still somewhat new to the elecrtic guitar-pedal board-tube amp scene so I'm trying to figure out what would be best in terms of chaining my pedals to not lose signal and keep tone consistant. I have a timmy, fulldrive 2, dd20, dd3, korg pitch black tuner, and a ernie ball jr volume pedal into a blues jr... I'm assuming I should start with volume pedal, then tuner, drives, then delay pedals, but I'm not sure. If you guys can throw suggestions my way that would be sweet.

2. telepunk

telepunk Member

Of course, it always depends on taste, but generally drive before delays. VP can go where you want it. First will allow you adjust gain of drives with your foot, and after the drive but before delay will adjust volume with gain remaining constant. This is what I do. If you do swells you want volume before delay to maintain delay trails.

3. tnt365

tnt365 Supporting Member

Pitchblack-->VP-->Timmy-->FD2-->DD3-->DD-20

You need more pedals too.:rockin

4. tjinca1

tjinca1 Member

You might experiment with the Timmy after the fulldrive. I love my Tim after another OD (currently Keeley BD-2).

5. Road King

Road King Supporting Member

I would go - Tuner - Drives - Volume - Delays.

That way your tuner is getting it's purest signal for accuracy, The drives aren't affected with the lowering of the volume pedal and the tails on the delay aren't affected by the volume pedal when lowered.

6. zkelly05

zkelly05 Member

Yeah i still am looking for more drives. I'm probably gonna get a bd-2 and mod it myself...if you guys have suggestions for drive pedals that would compliment what I already have...

Now it seems like a lot of these are preferences in terms of what someone is trying to accomplish. Road King I see you had mention the purest signal in terms of its accuracy with the sound. Is that pure signal in essence the clarity and strength of tone you get? And will tone be negativly affected if the signal strength is not as strong?

7. peterdjp

peterdjp Member

The only thing that will affect the tone much with this setup is the Volume pedal.

8. tnt365

tnt365 Supporting Member

I think you should try the Basic Audio Tri/Ram muff. It will give you some nice high gain/lead tones and some fuzzy flavor. If you don't like it I will buy it off you. :D