• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Pedal board size, any thoughts?

kimos55

Follow your dreams turst your heart
Gold Supporting Member
HERE IS WHAT I THINK I AM GOING FOR, I have had huge pedal boards in the past. For the last 6 years I have had anywhere up to 14 pedals on my boards. I always change pedals over time depending on the band or project I am working on.

I need to finally make the ideal board that works for everything!!!!

I have found that I normally use chorus once or twice a night I go for the Leslie sound, Delay slap back I use a lot, Long delay maybe for 2 songs or I like a delay with modulation. So On the ideal pedal board..... 2 / delays, 2 / OD's or a OD and boost, Chorus, and a TUNER.

That is 6 pedals on the ideal board. 2 Delays, 2 OD's or boost, Chorus, Tuner. What 2 delays to use in a small footprint pedal-board I still haven't figured out. But they all have to work with a pedal power so I don't have to have an extra power cable coming from my board.

So I guess my question would be what does everyone think? Is there must have pedals ot there and is there really a pedal board with a small footprint that will cover it all for the gigging guitar player?

2HBStrat

6 pedals isn't enough for me. I bought one of those canvas self-powered 6 pedal bags, which is cool, but I just ended up using it for rehearsals. I need more pedals. On my main pedalboard I have 4 OD pedals alone, plus a tuner, wah, chorus, and delay.....

Clifford-D

Less is best, give me a good Deluxe, my ASAT Special, and one pedal, my original Hermida Zendrive2 overdrive.

I have a flashback delay and my wonderful Red Witch PentaVocal tremolo. But they are not part of my grab and go rig.

scott944

I used to have 8 pedals, or so, and have cut that down to 4 over the last year: tuner, booster (TC Spark), dual OD (Blackstar HT Dual), and a "catch all", Zoom G3. I use the Zoom for 'verb, delay, modulation, auto-wah, pipe organ sounds...everything but the amp models, which sound like @ss to me. Pretty small footprint, though not particularly light weight - the Blackstar is a beast.

ripgtr

One delay, one compressor, two OD pedals.
Sometimes I pull the Jester off the board and just gig with that.
I used to have 2 pedal boards, for all the pedals. That was a long time ago.

kimos55

Follow your dreams turst your heart
Gold Supporting Member
eventide h9 and two overdrives ... add a tc chorus/flanger if you must ... done.
I played with a guy that used the H9, sounded cool but he was Fuc////ing with it all night...

swiveltung

It's easy. Make a small board but use a looper switching device. This keeps all sound from going thru all pedals for one thing. For another you can crowd your pedals on the board, orient them any way you want etc as you don't need to touch them with your toe.
I have one board that is two tier and very small, I put the pedals I never adjust the knobs on under the shelf.
I have 10 pedals on a 16 x 12 board.

m@2

Make a small board but use a looper switching device.
THIS! Once I switched to a looper/switcher I was able to basically cram more pedals on the board since it didn't matter which way they face etc.

Mighty Melvin

Mine is as big as a keyboard but there's hardly anything on it: A compressor, a reverb, a volume switch, a laptop and two footpedals to control the tracks on the laptop.

Trending Topics