1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

pedal boards...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by 65bfdr, Nov 22, 2005.

1. 65bfdr

65bfdr Member

I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a small "grab and go" pedal board that would hold 3-4 medium pedals and a power strip. I do have a PedalPad ( I believe the smallest version ) but it's just too big to drag to most of my gigs...

2. jeffinaustin

jeffinaustin Supporting Member

You could do what I did: get a small gig bag (Gig Skinz makes some great ones with additional compartments for stuff) and just cut a small piece of 1/2" or 3/4" plywood just big enough to fit in the bag. For about $50 you've got a great setup that you can throw over your shoulder for grab 'n go situations.

3. Filter428

Filter428 Member

4. theHoss

theHoss Member

5. 65bfdr

65bfdr Member

thanks for those suggestions guys. The NYC ones look like the way to go as of now. Good quality and the right size.

6. theHoss

theHoss Member

I think so too. I have a pedalpad XL as well, and need an 'esential blues board'. I think I am going to order the gigman so I can put my wah on it.

Wah>>Micro Buffer>>Zen Drive>>Foxxy Fux>>Timmy>>Keeley AD9 (I think that would all fit on it?)

If you get yours soon. let me know how it works out.

7. Matt Gordon

Matt Gordon Senior Member

I have a NYC Big Shot, but I also have a MIDI controller and other things that take up the extra room. Great quality, great price. I'd go NYC if I needed a smaller one. BTW Asle, do you miss you're older OD100?

8. 65bfdr

65bfdr Member

hey Matt,
    I don't miss the od100 all that much. It was just overkill for what I'm doing anyway. I mostly dug the clean tones and a cheap Fender combo will get me close enough. I use pedals for od which suits me much better than any chn-switcher I have tried.
    Actually, come to think of it, a Sovtek MIG 50 (w/some good power tubes) comes really close to the od100's clean channel as well and they can be had used for under $300. It's a great amp for pedals too.

9. Matt Gordon

Matt Gordon Senior Member

Yeah, I think I remember you talking about those (Sovtek) amps in the past. One can see quite a few OD100's for sale from time to time, and it's all I can do to keep the credit card in my pocket. I've wanted one for five, maybe six years but it's interesting that you've moved away from needing it, especially with your Henderson influence. Sometimes small is better!!!:(

10. 65bfdr

65bfdr Member

well, my Henderson influence don't get much use these days anyway since I play mostly straight ahead jazz and some pop/rock stuff. I am planning on recording some originals in the near future but it might have more of a straight ahead flavor to it. I'm thinking about picking up the strat on a few songs though...
    Anyhow, the Henderson flavor is much more in the hands than in the amp.

11. adelphi710

adelphi710 Member

+1 sounds like the lunch box may just be for you!