• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Pedal Builders Who Have Disappeared - Unsolved Mysteries Edition

hippieboy

Sadly El Musico Loco passed away :( great builder, great person and great pedals!! He will be missed. His Od 74 is a killer pedal.

Jamie Earthquaker - received a mysterious offer to buy one of the cars from that rollercoaster he's always on about. Met with the purported seller in an abandoned parking lot near Cedar Point. Was never seen again. Locals that night reported mysterious lights in the sky.

Tom Fuzzhugger - surreptitiously photographed fondling fuzzes out behind a local elementary school. Had to register as a sex offender and isn't allowed within 1000 ft of a soldering iron.

Blackout Kyle - came to one morning shoeless in Myrtle Beach with bruises of unknown origin on his face. Promised himself "never again" and checked into a rehab clinic somewhere in the Smokies.

Jeorge Tripps - apparently thinks he's a glass of orange juice or something now.

mrwhipple

Gold Supporting Member
Austone.

Unfortunately he passed away. Great sounding pedals. I still have one his Millenium Overdrives. Really warm punchy pedal.

Reactions: jkr

brandtron8000

I'll be back in May. Took a break for personal reasons.

enhanced-buzz-11641-1271182419-2.jpg

Meriphew

I remember those Electrix racks being blown out.

GC had the Repeater for like $100, and I passed on it because it was plastic, and looked cheap.

That was around 2000 and not long after the Repeater became highly sought after because it was one of the only stereo loopers.

I saw a couple sell for $500!

How times have changed... Digitech has a stereo looper in a pedal for $99 now!
I bought one when GC was blowing them out. I never ended up using it, but flipped it for $1k on eBay.

And BTW, they aren't cheaply built of plastic, they're metal and they're built like tanks..

BmoreTele

Seems like for every small builder who has faded away there are new ones taking their place.

I have enjoyed a nice group of pedals that are a lot harder to find these days:

J Everman LowFi Filter

Cow4prez Tinnitus

Bennett Lowball

BCS Bent

MIG* Boost

Prophecysound Infinitphase

Maneco Nanolooper

Auralux King Trem

MidFi Random Noise Generator

Barge DB

dirk_benedict

Silver Supporting Member
Young Pedals. Had one of his Looker trems (which was awesome) and have beem after one of his ADM-600s for a while!

Ivo

Mellowtone. The Singing Tree and Wolf Computer were hot sh*t back in vintage HC.

R3FX. Erm...he modded DL4s and built a recto pedal.

dachshund

When I was growing up, we had an episode of Unsolved Mysteries filmed in our house.
That's my contribution to this thread.

Related story: we also had a Payless Shoes commercial filmed there and I got to step in as the understudy for the golden retriever who was misbehaving.
There are so many questions left unanswered...

Trending Topics

Top Bottom