• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Pedal Builders Who Have Disappeared - Unsolved Mysteries Edition

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
Prophecy Sound is still around, still makes the Infinitephase at least the last time I checked their website. They also make a BiPhase takeoff called the pi-phase. Hard to get their stuff because it's built in Australia...

Don Rusk

BearFoot FX Owner
Vendor
Not really a pedal builder but LuciBox has gotten out of painting enclosures. I always liked using them for my own home builds and I really wanted to have her paint a psychedelic fuzz face enclosure for me.
She moved to ebay and sells guitar parts and other things... she did a few runs of for Bearfoot that were excellent....

sanfi4u

Gold Supporting Member
:). I understand it may take some more time. It's not a big problem. But I'd appreciate having kind of status note at the Lumpy's site. Something like "Operations are temporarily on hold". Currently we are just guessing what's going on there and if the status has already changed.

John II

On my first go around with boutique pedals I had a true bypass switching system built by Morgan Miller (MMFX). I also had a power supply that he made for me and an ABY switch that I still use. I wanted to try his other pedals but he got deployed with his National Guard unit??? and then never resumed building pedals. AFAIK

I have a few of Morgan's pedals... 2 of the first few Tube Killers (I think #1 and #3?), a Tube Dancer, at least 1 DTD-1(?) booster, an Orange Squeezer type compressor and another compressor he made but I forget the name. I also have that huge true bypass switching system. Maybe it was yours. :)

The Tube Killer #1 was my go to OD for many, many years.

Kev O)))

Sustain Punch ~ I still have a Creamy Dreamer and it's the best sounding Muff I've ever had.

Sanford & Sonny ~ haven't talked to Sonny in over a year regarding a Bluebeard build.

Bixonic ~ Expandora

Haunting Mids ~ ????

ChampReverb

Gold Supporting Member
:). I understand it may take some more time. It's not a big problem. But I'd appreciate having kind of status note at the Lumpy's site. Something like "Operations are temporarily on hold". Currently we are just guessing what's going on there and if the status has already changed.

I have cash smoldering in my pocket just waiting for the curtains to be drawn back and the door to be thrown open at Lumpy's.

-bEn r.

lwatford

Silver Supporting Member

ProfG

I have a few of Morgan's pedals... 2 of the first few Tube Killers (I think #1 and #3?), a Tube Dancer, at least 1 DTD-1(?) booster, an Orange Squeezer type compressor and another compressor he made but I forget the name. I also have that huge true bypass switching system. Maybe it was yours. :)

The Tube Killer #1 was my go to OD for many, many years.

I have a Tubedancer, Monovibe, and wah. Great sounding pedals! Morgan was off to a great start. Too bad he disappeared...:(

Abrasive1

Platinum Supporting Member
I wish I had my old Pure Drive still. If anybody has an old dual foot switch Pure Drive with no labeling for the controls, and wants to sell it, let me know. It had various different colored knobs on it when I sold it several years ago. Serial number 7 or 8 as I recall.

https://reverb.com/item/3179114-noc3-pure-drive-prototype-2006-white

Posted a couple days ago. Not mine and not affiliated. I've got a PD that's not likely to be replaced, love that pedal. Good luck with the hunt.

Killshakes

I think Lumpy's is back making pedals, this time under the moniker "Electric Majik." I just picked-up an Electric Majik Mk. II fuzz from him on eBay. It arrived yesterday, at last, after a bit of a wait. Apparently several people ordered pedals from him only to experience long waits, bad communication, etc. Things look like they're getting sorted out now though--pedals delivered, refunds where necessary, etc.

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom