Pedal concept -

RBH

I would like to find a compact device that could attach to an existing pedal. It would provide a wet dry mix ( maybe on a dual concentric pot ? ) for older mono guitar pedals such as MXR Phaser or Flanger etc. Essentially the input would be split to provide a direct to the pedal input and a dry output with a gain circuit - then route the pedal effect output into the device and be able to mix the balance. I have several vintage / great sounding pedals but i think their effect level are mixed too strong and I'd like to be able to mix back the effect level. Does this sound possible with a splitter and mini clean gain circuit?. Maybe route the 9v power into this unit and parallel off for the pedal power. something that could essentially hang off the input jack.

Ugly Bunny

Good example in the OP, because you'd definitely have phasing issues :) ...unless your pedal add-on accounted for it and slightly delayed the "direct" signal.

It'd be a cool idea; especially for things like fuzz that don't inherently have "mix" knobs.

MIM#1

TE="DaveKS, post: 23220386, member: 133218"]
[/QUOTE]

THIS!! Just got one and it works like a charm. The polarity switch is a must have. I have my MXR envelope filter into a Distortion + [lower gain] with the clean blend at about 1 o'clock. Best filter tone I've had!!!

Last edited:

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
I've got the Carl Martin Paraloop, but that One Control is 1/2 the size and 1/2 the price. I don't know if it buffers both the output to the effects loop AND the return like the Carl Martin does?

RBH

Thanks to all for the great responses. I knew of the Xotic blender - but the size and costs are a bit of a deterrent. The mosquite blender looks like a better over all package - but the cost is almost as much the pedal i'm trying to effect. I'm looking to do this to an MXR Phase 45 an ADA flanger and a Boss DC2. I've poking around the schematics to see if I can build the circuit internal and add a pot internally. I really don't want to to devalue any of these by hacking up the cases, also I'm trying to keep from utilizing extra outboard boxes if possible. Is the clean blend circuit on the tunnel worm based on an op amp design? or is that passive? That's the ideal route IMO.

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
So, if you don't want to hack up the pedals, you're OK with using the battery compartment and doing some internal soldering, and having the mix be internal only? The output of the pedal is already buffered, so you don't need anything with that, you need a buffer for the dry signal (tapped off of the input jack) and then a simple pot wired with buffered dry to one end, wet to the other end and tap the output off of the wiper.

Less ideal would be to use a buffer/boost to send the dry signal directly thru to the output jack. The problem with that would be that the pedal would produce a 3 dB boost and would only allow a 50/50 mix at maximum.

Trending Topics