Pedal confessionals

bdm

Silver Supporting Member
I don’t even *really* like pedals if I’m being honest.

That being said at last count there were somewhere in the neighborhood of four dozen pedals laying around my house and another forum purchase on the way as we speak.

It is a gluttonous indulgence.

jasons7

Silver Supporting Member
This picture will confess all my shortcomings. Somewhere around black Friday, I went on a bender acquiring pedals. I probably acquired 15 between black Friday and now with another one (Boss RE-20) currently in the mail. I kind of avoided the pedal fetish for a while and then the bug hit after I bought a Mad Professor 1. Now, I've got more than I know what to do with and I'm A-B'ing them against each other, in different positions etc. I have a handful more not in that pic too.

sanhozay

klon free since 2009
Gold Supporting Member
the nuances are greatly distorted once you, err, add distortion. tone is tone is tone. when you find it or hear it you know. i mean seriously, you got your clean sound, your little bit dirty sound, your dirty sound, your really dirty sound, then finally, your totally filthy sound. all killer. they gotta be killer in the off chance someone is listening.

my personal fave is the infinite amount of wash, modulation and disruption of fidelity for further degradation of what the guitar sounds like unmolested.

i suppose after all the futzing around there's still the notes to be selected and sequenced into some kind of musical statement. but who has time for that?

Last edited:

dave_t

Almost all of my pedals are cheap chinese-made knockoffs from AliExpress (Mooer Black Secret, Mosky Demon Tube Screamer, etc. etc.). I use a Zoom multi-fx for modulation, delay and reverb. My only "name brand" pedal is a really cheesy effect - Digitech Freqout feedback simulator - there's no knock off available. : )

Duward1

1. I have bought, sold, or traded many overdrive pedals (some very expensive), but I continually regret selling a Boss SD1 that I bought for $40. Every time I see it on a pic of someone’s board, that yellow gets to me.

2. I’ve become so preoccupied with adjusting the sound/tone of my pedals, amp, and guitar that I’ve neglected practicing to improve my guitar playing.

3. I’m spending too much time watching pedal reviews on You Tube.

Saltbath86

I get self conscious when I have more than 2 pedals by one brand on my board. I feel like someone will call me out with a completely innocuous "You must really like __________"
There is no reason this should bother me, especially because I do really like _____________. Also, I'm not playing with anyone or out anywhere obviously, so this is a completely fabricated scenario that I play out in my head.

Yellowbird

This picture will confess all my shortcomings. Somewhere around black Friday, I went on a bender acquiring pedals. I probably acquired 15 between black Friday and now with another one (Boss RE-20) currently in the mail. I kind of avoided the pedal fetish for a while and then the bug hit after I bought a Mad Professor 1. Now, I've got more than I know what to do with and I'm A-B'ing them against each other, in different positions etc. I have a handful more not in that pic too.

For goodness sake turn them all on at once and let us know what happens

100JH

I want to find XXX (Cornish, Klon, etc) pedal for cheap.

They buy something for $99.

I hate this pedal it doesn't sound as a good as an xxx pedal

:facepalm

stagolee

Gold Supporting Member
me: chuckling to myself as I look at another “Instagrambient” player with a coveted stash of pedals that make guitars sound like keyboards could sound 30 years ago.

also me: smiling like a kid as I noodle two hours away with some spacey toy that will never be on my pedal board but makes these two chords sound like a caravan of angelic dolphins.

HBob

The best sounding dirt I have comes from my amp and I still have probably 60 dirt pedals. It’s my favorite part of playing guitar. Experimenting with dirt pedals. Levels, placement, stacking. It’s probably one of the biggest reasons I didn’t stop playing over the last 20 years.

Sent From My Telecaster

Gold Supporting Member

Trending Topics