• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Pedal demos.... The good and the bad.

nathobornio

Which pedal demos for you are the best / worst? Looking to find some good demos to watch.

For me a couple of the best would be:

Sean Halley (Line 6)
Tore from TC Electronic
Andy at PGS

Am i the only one who doesnt enjoy gearmandude demos? He seems like a cool guy and everything but doesnt seem to make anything sound good?!

Magicpad

Pete Thorn is my favorite. I also like watching GMD a lot of times just for the commentary..... dude cracks me up.

thewordking

There are a bunch that are great... but my faves are:

Mike Hermans/PopInToTheChemist
Just Nick
Pete Thorn
Burgs

I love watching GMD's demos. The dirty amp thing and no reverb makes it a little tough to be useful as a pure demo, but they're usually a good time.

hdahs143

Silver Supporting Member
Just Nick. Clear and concise. One of the best explanations on buffers I have ever heard.

nathobornio

Gotta check some of these guys out... Haven't even heard of some of them!

I forgot to mention pete thorn... That guy is serious good.

Holzar1988

Gold Supporting Member
Brett Kingman (formerly known as Burgerman666 and Burgs). His demos are fantastic. If there's a drawback to his demos, it's that he's so good at recording them, he makes everything sound good. : ) Head over to his YouTube channel, and you'll come away with a list of stuff you have to have a mile long ... Sort of the ultimate Gear Page problem, really.

I've gotten to the point where I check his channel nearly daily to see what he's demoing. He updates stuff about once a week, sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less, at least fairly recently.

JackStraw12

What makes a great demo? Little talking, playing through a few different amps and guitars or a common combination, and sound quality (micing) are a few that come to mind but what else makes a decent or good demo a great one?

PGS Andy
Burgs
Pete Thorn

They almost always bring out the strengths in the pedals as well as representing them accurately, IMO.

cubistguitar

Mike Hermans at Prymaxe is fabulous. Very GAS inducing work. andy's work is classic at PGS, but the demod burgs does are the best PGS demos now. Jet City is also very good. Mike Hermans is the top.

CJReaper

OK, I'll do a vote for worst: THE TONE KING! Nice guy but man, do his demos sound BAD!

Cheers,

CJ

Trending Topics