Pedal for slapback?

FearlessFred

I already have an EHX DMM that i use for a longer delay (2o clock) but have recently tried a (9 oclock) slapback setting that i really like.

A) is there any way for me to change between these two settings (i've seen andy timmons has a physical bar that makes the delay pot "foot kickable")

The above would be a cheap option but

B) can you recommend a delay pedal good for slap back that is quite small in footprint and as close to £100 as possible. I don't need tap tempo and i'm pretty set on analogue. I don't like dark repeats (i found the MXR CC to be too dark).

How about the way huge aquapuss? £105. I think Brad paisley uses it for slapback

teleclem

Aqua Puss is a good option (out of all I've tried) for slapback. Liked it more than the carbon copy for sure.

AXXA

Silver Supporting Member
DM-2 really is great, but for cheaper I really like the EHX memory toy. I love it, the only problem (for some people) may be the mix knob gives a slight boost the further counter clockwise it gets. I like this, but I could see some people disliking this 'feature'. I wasn't a CC fan either. No experience with the Aqua Puss, but I'm curious since I love my DM-2 so much.

Whiskey N Beans

Silver Supporting Member
I disagree with the above. The settings are sensitive but the CC does snapback very well. It's cheap, small and sounds like a $300 delay. Whats not to like. That said, just get an ARDX20 and be done with it.

revgsmall

The Roland Space Echo is great, its as close to the Brian Setzer sound as I've been able to get, plus it has all those other Space Echo doo-hickey settings as well.

Class5

I disagree with the above. The settings are sensitive but the CC does snapback very well. It's cheap, small and sounds like a $300 delay. Whats not to like. That said, just get an ARDX20 and be done with it.

Yeah, I thought the CC does it very well, although it takes a little tweaking .

erksin

The older Analogman delay. 300 Ms version is the best slapback delay.

Yeah the AR20DL - its bright enough to cut but warm enough that you know its analog. Excellent clarity in front of an amp and PLENTY of headroom for use with boosts of any type.

Runner up for me is the Arion SAD-1.

300mS tops is key if you're gonna use an analog, IMO.

Top Bottom