Pedal Loopers By Loopswitchers.com

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by wiltel24, May 19, 2015.

1. wiltel24

wiltel24 Member

Anyone tried one of their loopers? Torn between getting the loopmaster brand or this one. Loopswitcher is a little less $$ for a 5 way switcher, which I am in need of to corral my ever growing stable of pedals, just not sure about quality and durability. Always hear good things about loopmaster switchers.
    Thanks.

2. jnepo1

jnepo1 Silver Supporting Member

I'm currently building a board with one of their true bypass loop strips. The construction is very good, and the powdercoating is well done. It is not a criticism, but an observation, their send/receive jacks are staggered as opposed to a straight line of jacks. I'm building with a 10 loop switcher so the switches are a little closer together, so that could be the reason for the staggered jacks and the closer footswitches. Overall, the construction of the true bypass loop strip is well done.

3. wiltel24

wiltel24 Member

Thanks. What kind of cables are you using? Think all of the units have staggered jacks. I want to use my 'pancake' ones, just not sure they will fit.

4. jnepo1

jnepo1 Silver Supporting Member

Pancake plugs will only fit if you are using a Pedaltrain style board where there is a slot to allow the cables and the lower row of pancake plugs to drop thru the slot. It will not work on a flat style board with a solid surface. The jacks are spread evenly to accommodate the width of pancake plugs, as long as the orientation is a 12/6 configuration of the plugs and that there is a slot to receive the cables and the lower neck portion of the pancake plug. Hope that helps.

5. flatulentmatt

flatulentmatt Supporting Member

I haven't tried Loopswitchers, but I have had 2 Loop Masters. They've been good, but the quality hasn't blown me away - on my first switcher one of the channels/switches started to go on it within a few months. I dealt with it a while, but eventually it went full kaput. I sent it back to Loop Master and he happily fixed it, though I had to chase him up on sending it back. It worked fine from then on.

I later downsized, sold my 8-looper and bought a new 6-loop switcher. Right from the start, the LED on Loop 6 worked only intermittently (so sometimes without playing you couldn't tell whether it was on or not), and now it has died ( I'm maybe a bit over a year in). Since I live in NZ, it's a pain in the butt but not really worth it in terms of shipping costs, turnaround time, etc. to send it back to get fixed. I mean I'd probably end up having to deal without it for 2 months which isn't really an option to me.

So tl;dr - Loop Master does what it says on the tin, his customer service was decent, but QC left a little to be desired.