Pedal Mounts (ala LA Sound Design)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by drod2045, Jun 18, 2008.

1. drod2045

drod2045 Member

What are these pedals mounted on? How is this surface held down? Where can I get these?

This is a pic taken from boardzilla (done by LA Sound Design). I have a wireless (X2) reciever that I would like to raise off the the top row of my PT2. I may also be interested in raising other pedals to get a uniform height. The mount is (visible) on the left under the whammy as well as under the multi-colored deja vibe

[​IMG]

thanks for any input

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  2. mike@nortoncable.com

mike@nortoncable.com Member

looks like 1' squares of 3M Dual lock to me :)

3. tonefreak

tonefreak Member

3M Dual lock. Those risers are hand cut... you could probably make these out of MDF... not sure what David used. There is also black laminate on top and bottom of the riser so the 3M Dual Lock has something better to adhere to than raw wood.

4. Funky Monkey

Funky Monkey Member

:AOK

However, drod, how do you mean/why is it that you want to raise your X2? Just curious, because I actually mount my X2 under my PT2 to keep it out of the way and gain an extra spot on top. No issues with dropouts, noise or interference.

At any rate, I've found that those inexpensive project boxes at Radio Shack are great for raising pedals. Put hook side Velcro on the bottom and loop side on the top and you've got a neat, durable, LIGHT little riser.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  5. drod2045

drod2045 Member

Ive gone 3 floors below my apartment and even outside and my X2 continued to work. This past weekend, not during our set, i lost signal going behind my board, amp and drum kit and wasnt too far. I figured that I will likely never experience another drop out again, but raising it is just another way to solidify that it doesnt happen. For reference, my x2 sits at the upper right edge with a wah just offset to the left of it.

so yours is mounted under??? what a cool idea. Have pics of how you have it mounted?

6. Funky Monkey

Funky Monkey Member

Hmmm....I wonder if it wasn't just some interference in the air at the time rather than not being in a good spot?

I realized not too long ago that it would fit underneath if I used a right-angle George L plug. Several practices and gigs without a single issue. No special mounting hardware...just Industrial Strength Velcro. I did feel the need to take the foam backing off of the bottom because I didn't think the velcro adhesive would stick to that very well (but the foam came off cleanly and didn't tear, so I can reinstall it if I ever want to.)

There's not much room on the rails for it to grip, but it's such a light unit that it doesn't need much to keep it on there. I suppose I could put velcro on the bottom of the pedal that it is under, but I just really don't think that would be necessary. It hasn't ever fallen off, and the industrial stuff is really strong so I trust it.

I've got a gig tonight, but I'll post a pic to this thread within the next day.

:BEER

7. Funky Monkey

Funky Monkey Member

Here we go. My usual disclaimer- really bad camera and lighting, but you get the point. I go out of the X2 receiver, under the volume pedal and straight into the input with a right angle George L plug. I left just enough gap between the vol pedal and the right vertical rail of the PP2 to let the cable through and not get squished...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. drod2045

drod2045 Member

that looks great. maybe it was somethin in the air, but i couldnt feel it (terrible phil collins joke). That looks great! thanks for posting the pics. Im going to try mounting underneath to see if i experience any signal differences then on the board and raised. if its the same, then underneath it goes!

9. jaywalker

jaywalker Member

I use cork blocks to raise pedals in a similar fasion, cheap as hell, and even lighter.

10. drod2045

drod2045 Member

Whats MDF?

Just found my old thread....ill delete the other one

11. j_m_s

j_m_s Member