pedal negative center pin

mcboyle

I have a voodoo lab that has an open 18v spot I would like to use for my fulltone full drive. how do I know if the cable from the power supply is a negative center pin? i plugged one of the cable from the power supply from the 18v spot to the pedal but theres no power coming from it. any suggestions? Im pretty clueless when it comes to this sort of stuff.

embrionic

What color was the cable (if it was a VL supplied cable with the supply)?

Spend some time at the voodoo lab website in the cable store so it all becomes clear, and read the manual so you don't fry any of your pedals! The Voodoo Labs P/S come with a number of different cables, all color coded. As noted above, the cable with black on both ends is the standard cable that will provide tip-negative power from the P/S provided the dip switch on the supply is in the proper position, as explained in the manual. Improper powering could cook one of your pedals. Not always, but often.

Last edited:

mcboyle

All Voodoo Lab cables with two black barrel connector are center negative.
What color was the cable (if it was a VL supplied cable with the supply)?

Spend some time at the voodoo lab website in the cable store so it all becomes clear, and read the manual so you don't fry any of your pedals! The Voodoo Labs P/S come with a number of different cables, all color coded. As noted above, the cable with black on both ends is the standard cable that will provide tip-negative power from the P/S provided thedip switch on teh supply is int he proper position, as explained in the manual. Improper powering could cook one of your pedals. Not always, but often.
this helps thank you!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom