Pedal Order in 2 Amp Setup

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Raymund, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Raymund

Raymund Member

After I got a Lehle Dual A/B Switcher (and a Barber Launch Pad) I would like to find the right pedal order for a 2 amp setup. I use a Marshal JTM 45 or Matchless HC-30 (for crunch and leads) and a Mesa Boogie Studio 22 (for cleans and Californian style leads) and I play mostly classic rock and blues rock with various Gibsons (Les Paul, Special, Explorer, ES-335), Hamers, a Strat and a Tele.

What do you think about this pedal order (in 2 different pedalboards):

Guitar –> Visual Sound VV 10 Volume Pedal –> Original Jen Cry Baby Wah –> Lehle A/B ->

A: Voodoo Lab Micro Vibe –> Lovepedal COT 50 –> Lovepedal Eternity RH-E -> MI Audio Crunch Box -> Barber Launch Pad -> ISP Decimator Noise Suppressor -> Marshall or Matchless

B: Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor -> BS CS-3 Compressor -> Boss GE7 Equalizer -> MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive -> MI Audio Tube Zone Overdrive -> Boss CE-5 Chorus -> Mesa Boogie

With the pedal order for B (Mesa Boogie) I am already quite satisfied, with the pedal order for A (Marshall or Matchless) I am still experimenting and quite open for recommendations. Additionally I want to use a Korg DT-10 Pedal Tuner which according to my feeling degrades the tone slightly. Where should I include it, in the tuner out of the volume pedal or in the tuner out of the Barber Launch Pad ? Another question is the Jen Cry Baby which is a real tone sucker. I would not necessarily need it for B (Mesa Boogie). Should I include it somewhere in the end of the pedal chain for A (Marshall / Matchless) ? Is it ok if the Volume Pedal comes first ?

2. sharbono

sharbono Member

I would use the tuner out on the Volume Pedal. That way you can tune any time.

3. drod2045

drod2045 Member

korg dt-10 has a good buffer. putting it in the tuner out sucks tone (imo). but in the front or end of any chain it will work fine. its a very good buffer

4. alvagoldbook

alvagoldbook Member

typically speaking, I put a wah and a tuner at the beginning of my line. from there I put all compression and distortion pedals. From there I put the weird stuff: chorus, delay, phaser, tremolo, etc. I would put a noise suppressor at the end of my line up before it gets sent back to the amp. just my 2 cents.

5. Raymund

Raymund Member

I will try it. I always automatically put the DT-10 in a tuner out as I was of the opinion it won´t suck tone there.

6. Raymund

Raymund Member

Any further recommendations ?