Pedal Palette - Parallel Bus Query

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by twp, May 1, 2016.

1. twp

twp Likes guitars; loves music... Silver Supporting Member

I recently wired my board with the decibel 11 pedal palette as master controller. I love the flexibility it affords. Only one function on it has proved tricky: managing the parallel mix bus.

I figured out how to set buffered tails on the loops with delay and reverb, and I figured out how to run the delay and reverb loops in parallel. But it seems like I can only do one of those two at a time: if I use buffered tails, the loops are in series (not parallel). If the loops are in parallel, no tails if I bypass that loop.

That's my conclusion through about an hour of trial and error, manual review, and searching the interwebs. Am I missing anything on that issue?

2. jguss

jguss Supporting Member

I'm really interested in this since I just got an FX8 and the ability to run effects in Parallel seems like a huge benefit. The little I've experimented with has made be a big believer in the concept. I'm wondering how to deal with this in my amp effects loop which has the option to run serial or parallel as well. I don't quite understand the issues with getting the clean signal out of phase, or maybe I'm just mixing concepts.

3. twp

twp Likes guitars; loves music... Silver Supporting Member

Signal phase is a slightly different issue.... The pedal palette does let you invert phase of each loop, which is handy. (My delay inverts phase, so I have to use that to run it in parallel with my reverb)