• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

pedal platform amps

Vishnu

got to thinkin' about the hot rod and the fender deluxe RI, 40 watt amps and the more expensive,high headroom, fender 65 twin.........

that 65 twin is gonna stay clean all the way up I suppose,i am trying to find out if one or the other of the 40 waters are more suitable for a nice OD in the normal/rhythm channel

I am guessing that a cooking amp (clean channel),such as the hot rod, plus a nice OD, together would make a "nicer/fuller sound" than a super clean amp, ( the twin 65 ) and a OD

any thoughts on any of the above gents?

it's a good amp I seek for my collection of Barbers, for medium size gigs with humbuckers

bearbeams

In my experience, the higher the wattage the more "full" the clean sound is. You just can't get a good bass response with a DRRI or HRD imo. I wouldn't expect either of those amps to be more full than a twin at any volume.

LJD

I recently played a Hot Rod Deluxe III and was impressed by the bass definition and overdrive channel. Great value there.

JackStraw12

I recently played a Hot Rod Deluxe III and was impressed by the bass definition and overdrive channel. Great value there.
I agree, CL is pretty heavy with hot rod deluxes! I've used a Soul 0 45 as a pedal platform and at 45 watts it's the perfect size unless you're playing huge places. I also like my Fuchs ODS mod with vibe pedals and a compressor but that's 50 watts also. If you can find the 80 watt silverface bandmasters that's what I'd try first. What's your budget?

Lucidology

Silver Supporting Member
Not many … however the Peavey Classic 50 Watt Series is a great platform for pedals.
Amazing headroom for 50 watts …

ken374

I had a BLDX for a year with the Bogner pedals and it worked great. I just got into the new 68 fender Custom Twin, cleans are awesome. Bigger fuller tone with the 212's. Even at bedroom level is sounds so full. Plus its a all wood cabinet with better transformers and hand wired tube sockets. So I should be good for awhile:) But if you wanna save cash go for the other ones because there fine also.

Vishnu

I agree, CL is pretty heavy with hot rod deluxes! I've used a Soul 0 45 as a pedal platform and at 45 watts it's the perfect size unless you're playing huge places. I also like my Fuchs ODS mod with vibe pedals and a compressor but that's 50 watts also. If you can find the 80 watt silverface bandmasters that's what I'd try first. What's your budget?
I am more concerned with the sound/tone and pedal friendliness than budget. thanks bro

LJD

What's the wattage on a twin running 2 6L6 instead of 4? I did this with my Red Knob Twin and it brought it from 100w to around 60w. That way it was pretty full, fat and rich (clean) with it at drummer levels. And I'd say a twin is one of the best pedal platforms (maybe a little picky with OD/Dist pedals if it has JBLs in it).

Dale

When I think pedal friendly amp I tend to think Tweed Bassman (like the LTD).

Trending Topics

Top Bottom