• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Pedal platform guys.....what amps are you using?

LikeAMotherF

Gold Supporting Member
I have a Groove Tubes Soul-O Slave that is *thee* perfect pedal platform.

Clean as all hell. Two knobs- Amplitude (volume) and Presence. Gets loud as you want to get, yet still sounds great at lower volumes. Also has a foot switchable FX loop. (Loop is parallel.)

Considering that it's a 1X12 combo, I'd say it's the perfect 'grab-n-go'.... but it's kind of heavy.

7 out of 8 ain't bad though, amirite?!

Edit: forgot to mention that it's ~75w tube. Switchable between Class AB, Class A and Class A "Gnarly". And you can switch out any kind of pentode power tube, with proper biasing.

It's a beast!

jlectka

Silver Supporting Member
Headroom helps a lot. These days I like lower wattage amps so that’s a bit of a pickle. I did find an 18 watt HiTone combo that has a lot of headroom and takes drive pedals beautifully and is louder than I would ever need. The downside is that it was pricey.
I also have a Fender 68 vibrolux that likes most pedals quite a bit, particularly modulation. That amp is perfect Fender sound with volume at 6-7.

rc3797

Silver Supporting Member
I’m using a custom deluxe/matchless-style amp built by my tech running into a Mesa 1x12 with an EV M12L. I’m then running a line out from the head as a preamp into the normal channel of an AC15 with a healthy amount of reverb to cheat at a wet/dry rig.

jazzguitarfan

Gold Supporting Member
Dr Z Maz Jr 2x10 (primary and still favorite and makes any pedal sound good)
Magnatone Twilighter (delicious)
Dr Z Jetta (really nice)
And more often than not lately for the last year at home and limited rehearsals: Deluxe Reverb Tone Monster (bright cap and reverb update done)

Trending Topics