Pedal Power into Pedal Power?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Chandyland, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Chandyland

Chandyland Member

While building my board, I had been planning to sort of daisy chain Voodoo Lab Pedal Power units by plugging a Digital or something into my Pedal Power 2+. Now I'm not sure this can be done without blowing out the two plus...

I know it says "200 Watts Max" right under the courtesy outlet. So does anyone know the draw of the Pedal Power Digital, or if this idea works?

EDIT: Asking specifically about the Pedal Power Digital running off the courtesy outlet.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  2. mboersma

mboersma Member

it should work...i know plenty of guys run a second pp2+ off of another pp2+. I plan on running an iso5 off of my pp2+

3. jnepo1

jnepo1 Silver Supporting Member

The accessory outlet is just like an extension cord, so you should have any issues. It will not affect the DC taps of the PP2+ as it is wired directly to the IEC power outlet. Just don't plug an amp into it.

4. Chandyland

Chandyland Member

So if it's wired directly to the inlet, why can't you plug an amp in? Would it just hog power and starve the PP2+?

Anyway, I'm not gonna plug my amp into a PP2+, but now I do want to plug a PP2+ into a PP2+...

5. semi-hollowbody

semi-hollowbody Member

ive plugged mine this way for years

6. SackvilleDan

SackvilleDan Member

I run my ISO 5 off the courtesy outlet on my PP2+.... the plug is 200W max, and my old Marshall MG250DFX ran on 230 watts, so I'm sure the Pedal Power Digital draws way less power than that!

7. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Member

You can run up to 1.6 amps (1600 mA) off of the courtesy outlet. This assumes 120 volts.

8. Dr. Jimmy

Dr. Jimmy Member

Same here, it will work.