pedal power problems

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by boog204, Jul 10, 2006.

1. boog204

boog204 Member

mind the alliteration, but i just setup my board with a pedalpower 1. however, it seems as though my delay is having all sorts of issues now. it's acting as if it's always on. the led is very faint when it's "off". in addition, the only way the other pedals being powered by the pedal will produce tone is when the delay is on. if it is off, it's as if the other pedals have been switched out. anyone have any ideas as to why this is occurring?

2. Cusack Effects

Cusack Effects Member

Sounds like the power supply doesn't have enough power for the Delay, or it's the wrong voltage. What delay?

3. boog204

boog204 Member

it's a boss dd5...

4. boog204

boog204 Member

also should ad, i've tried the boss in various outlets in the pp and w/ various cables. same situation each time.

5. boog204

boog204 Member

moved the dip switch up and everything appears to be fine... another dumb question... i'm using a holy grail reverb w/ the appropriate cable. the pedal is getting power, but there is no effect coming out of the hg. when i use the hg w/ its normal adaptor, it works fine. is the pp1 unable to power the holy grail?

6. Cusack Effects

Cusack Effects Member

The Pedal Power 2 manual talks about this issue. Look in there to see if that helps. Maybe you have the SAG turned on?

7. boog204

boog204 Member

i don't think there's a sag on my pp1... i'll check the manual.... thanks!

8. boog204

boog204 Member

shite, looks like the pp1 can't handle a eh holy grail... oh well. thanks for your help!

9. MjCartney

MjCartney Neo-Maxi Zoom Dweebie Silver Supporting Member

I'm not sure about this, but I think the Holy Grail uses over 200 ma. They ship a 500 ma adaptor with the thing, but I don't think it uses quite that much. I think I saw somewhere that it was around 300 ma, but couldn't swear to that. Anyway, the PP2's output jacks are 100ma, with 2 special 200ma jacks. Not sure what the PP has, but it sounds like it just doesn't have enough juice to power the HG. :(

10. Mojo Tele

Mojo Tele Member

PP2 or Flatliner - I have the same type issues. I have 12vac, 9vdc, -9vdc and 18vdc on my board. What a real pain in the ar...ghh.. neck.

11. boog204

boog204 Member

i hear you mojo... i was thinking getting a pedalpower would make everything so much neater, orderly, and simpler. now i have just as many cables going all over the place and it's as much a pain.

12. stevieray

stevieray Member

You can probably still make it work with some custom cables. For example, Mojo Tele's setup can be handled by a PP1 like this. 9VDC straight up, -9VDC with a reverse polarity cable, 18 VDC with a custom series power cable (9+9), and the 12VAC could be by wall wart in the accessory outlet. Also, 200mA can be had by paralleling two PP1 outputs. I power my DD-20 this way and it works like a charm. Because the PP's outputs are isolated, you can pretty much treat the outputs like a bunch of batteries.