1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Pedal Power Question!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Msuarez, May 17, 2011.

1. Msuarez

Msuarez Member

Hey I have a quick question for anyone who can help.

If I were to run this board into a Furman M-8X2 power conditioner would that give me just as much power as the voodoo lab? It seems like a lot cheaper way to power my pedals.

[​IMG]

2. udi9

udi9 Member

The Furman and the Pedal Power are two different animals.
    The Furman provides AC power and can not power pedals without an additional DC transformer (like your 1spot).
    the PP2+ provides DC power which allows you to plug pedals straight into it. its like eight 1spots in one unit (well..sort of...) :)

3. Msuarez

Msuarez Member

I am using a one spot. My one spot is going into the furman.

4. WailinGuy

WailinGuy Member

It doesn't matter what you plug your one spot into. Whatever its current rating (1700 milliamps, I think), you can't increase it by plugging it into a power conditioner.

The real advantage of the Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 Plus is that you have eight isolated DC circuits, and that eliminates any chances that your pedals will interact with each other via the power supply, causing hum/noise.

5. Msuarez

Msuarez Member

Alright thanks a lot everyone..