Pedal problems...

Sigmund Floyd

Silver Supporting Member
Throw this out there maybe I can get a little advice. I have a Dunlop Wah (GCB-95) classic wah that I can't get to work. I've changed all the guitar chords, changed the battery, used an adaptor. When I click on it I get NO sound, click again its just the sound from the amp, no wah effect (wah is off...). Funny thing is I have a BOSS DS-1 and its doing the same thing (even after also testing chords, batteries). These are my first pedals and so far pedals suck, lol. Thanks for any advice.

redbeardrob

so all of your pedals are doing this? and you switched the cables? did you check the guitar? plug your guitar right into the amp, does it do the same?

WailinGuy

Cable connections are: guitar to pedal's INPUT jack (on the right side), pedal's OUTPUT jack (on the left side) to amp?

Does the DS-1 status LED toggle on and off each time you stomp on the footswitch?

Sigmund Floyd

Silver Supporting Member
Yes- the DS-1 light comes on when stepped but no sound. Wish the Wah had a little light but it does the same thing, no sound. When I stomp the pedals off the regular amp sound is ok....

jnepo1

Gold Supporting Member
You check the volume or gain level on the DS-1? How are you powering the pedals?

Triangle

Sounds like you've got them connected backwards or something. Either that or you hit the unlucky lemon pedal jackpot!

plug guitar straight to amp...does this work
NOW...add the ds-1...guitar-ds1 input...boss ds1 output to amp...does this work???

A boss pedal HAS to have a cable in the input jack to get it to work, this is so you dont drain batteries

Sigmund Floyd

Silver Supporting Member
I'm a moron... had them in the wrong jacks.... confusing for a simpleton. INPUT seemed like where the amp should go... both pedals work. Sorry for internet waste!

right to left is counterintuitive...i always thought it was backwards...

I dont EVEN want to know about the first time you had sex...;)

Trending Topics