1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Pedal-Sized Mixer?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by HowardMusic, Jan 18, 2008.

1. HowardMusic

HowardMusic Member

I'm trying to figure out a way to take two separate effect lines split from an a/b/(a+b) box and mix them into a single output. I thought about the Boss LS-2, but I don't think this will work. What I would like to have is the option of running one effect line (channel a), or the other effect line (channel b) independently, or together - I think the LS-2 only gives you the option to toggle a or b, or run a+b together (that is without turning the routing selector knob, which is difficult to do when you're playing). So what I was wondering was whether or not there was a pedal-sized mixer that would allow me to use my a/b/(a+b) box to manage the effect lines, i.e., take in the two separate lines and mix them into a single line. Level controls would be cool too.

I know this is confusing - I probably didn't explain this clearly - I'm confused just thinking about. Thanks for any help.

2. DavidH

DavidH Member

What you want is a dual bypass looper with mix,did a quick search and found one here as an example,http://www.redonionsolutions.co.uk/Gallery.htm.("Dual Loop +MB & Blend
    Dual loop selector with Master Bypass and dual blend controls to mix both loops.
    Case Style C")

There are mini mixers,EHX make one,but an all in one thing is going to be neater and more convenient probably.

3. HowardMusic

HowardMusic Member

David thanks for the info!

4. HowardMusic

HowardMusic Member

Anybody know if something like the EHX Junction Box is made by somebody today? I think this might work, and may be simpler. Thanks.

5. e-z

e-z Member

6. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

ACtually, DOD still sells a simple, passive resistance mixer. 4 mono inputs, single output, attenuators on each input (volume knobs). No battery, no switches, just works. Mine cost me $40.

7. HowardMusic

HowardMusic Member

hey bob, thanks, i think this is all i need!

8. Voxguy76

Voxguy76 Member

Nobels Mix-42C Mixer. Great little mixer. Allows up to 4 inputs mixed into a stereo ouput L and R. Also you can pan each input left and right. I have one on my board as i split my signal a few times. Fantastic pedal. Powered via daisy chain.

http://www.nobels.com/en/index.htm

9. Voxguy76

Voxguy76 Member

They sell the Nobels at Godlyke, thats where i got mine.

10. HowardMusic

HowardMusic Member

Thanks for the info everybody. I went ahead and ordered the DOD. If that doesn't work out I'll try out the Nobels. Good to know the options - thanks again.

11. lifeinsong

lifeinsong Member

I think John Suhr makes one called the Mini Mix. I'm sure the quality is outstanding like the rest of his products.

12. g-nem

g-nem Member

Nobels also has a really neat unit that allows you to route your signal to two parallel fx. That looks like it has a bunch of possibilities- anyone use a nobels mixer etc in front of an amp?

13. svanangen

svanangen Member

The suhr MiniMix, while surely great, does not do what you want. You use this for turning a serial fx-chain or loop into parallell.

14. jaywalker

jaywalker Member

I used a little bespeco mixer to rum my AC2 into, there was a splitter at the beggining of the signal chain, I could then have the acoustic sounds and electric sounds at once:

[​IMG]

Its the same size as a standard footswitch, here's a pick of it up against an Ibanez pedal:

[​IMG]

No noticeable degradation or colouration, this suprised me a bit considering how much it cost.