Pedal/Stomp Box Tuners

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by progholio, Jul 31, 2008.

1. progholio

progholio Supporting Member

Greetings
    I would like to know what forumite's experiences are with pedal tuners.
    I recently purchased a Dean Markley (model # escapes me) pedal style tuner, true bypass, .1 cent accuracy, blah blah. It tunes the instrument just fine but the problem is that with the tuner engaged (signal muted) i can hear some bleedover noise in relation led display movement. On a clean amp is not too bad, on overdrive channel it's not acceptable.
    Do most of these tuners behave like this when the signal is muted in a hot amp?
    For the record this tuner has no noticeable tone suck when bypassed which is good, but it's a little slow to process notes.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
  2. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

3. derekd

derekd Supporting Member

I have been using the Boss TU-2 for years. Buffered pedal, no noise when it is on or off. Durable, dependable, easy to read on a dark or lit stage.

4. progholio

progholio Supporting Member

I know Boss makes good stuff, trying to avoid buffered pedals though.
    What I'm really curious to know is if i had a $200 Peterson or that slick new Turbo-Tuner if there would be any weird noise issues when it's engage with signal muted like this cheapo Markley is doing.

5. meterman

meterman Member

I've never noticed any signal bleed with my Strobostomp and I've used it with cranked amps and fuzz pedals etc.....and I'll find out about the Turbo Tuner tonight as mine is waiting for me at home! :dude